What's wrong with this mesh?

tomek

legal alien
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
I can't do it right now, but one could try temporarily setting the mesh in question to be used for, say, ShuttlePB. Then start any scenario with ShuttlePB, and if it looks ok then it's just a bug in MeshWizard. If not, then it means that the mesh is being manipulated by .dll and little can be done about it, short of disassembling the module (and in that case, it's probably easier to just create a new mesh). [edit]Not really. If Redburne is right, and Orbiter API allows to access any vessel's mesh, then it could just be used to grab the mesh in question[/edit]

If an intermediate mesh is written to disk and then deleted, it's possible to unerase such a file with certain utilities. But I don't think they are doing that, since there are OAPI functions to modify the mesh directly, vertex by vertex. Once the mesh is decoded, I'm sure it stays that way in RAM, so it should be possible to pull it out of there (albeit not in Orbiter format, of course). So it isn't 100% protection, of course, but it's still much easier to implement than to defeat.

One thing I'm 100% sure of - this can't be achieved with any combination of standard transformations (rotation/translation/scaling/shear). Either it's being jacked up by MeshWizard, or it's been coded in the .dll.

Last edited:

streb2001

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Interesting. I inserted the line

Meshname = Apollo_CM

into one of my own vessel config files and got this:

grab_002.jpg

Encrypted! :lol:

I would like to think that the developers of AMSO trust users of Orbiter but I can understand that they don't want their work ripped off by more unscrupulous thieves.

trokkes

Reaction score
just a joke

:blink: So ...
This way is how the Borgs made their ships !!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Interesting. I inserted the line

Meshname = Apollo_CM

into one of my own vessel config files and got this:

grab_002.jpg

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I would also read the AMSO thread regarding this. ;)