Who wants to be a trillionaire?

What would you do with $700,000,000,000.00

• Bailout Wall Street risky investment assets

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Invest massively in alternative renewable energy production and distribution

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Invest in space colonisation and start anew elsewhere under a new name

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • What $700,000,000,000.00? The USA are broke!

Votes: 11 40.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
Besides building a house on top of my superb bunker?
Organizing a word wide orbiter meeting of course!

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Apparently I could buy 2,000,000 McDonalds apple pies for everyone in the USA according to a news story shown on the Daily Show less than an hour ago. :p
But if $700,000,000,000,000 was still worth something after being printed, I supposed you could buy a few countries, maybe a continent or two. ;)

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Well with that kind of money, you can all pack you bags and head onto an man-rated Delta IV with 3 stage's and have a nice and good trip to the moon, the capsule comes with a Mini-bar, a soda machine, Internet, Cable for your sports needs and a load of window's to enjoy you view of the moon.

pete.dakota

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Replace the overdue-to-burst helium tanks and keep the Shuttles flying?

The Federal Reserve has that much in cash? I still can't believe it.

Missioncmdr

Reaction score

Well, technically it just prints however much money they want. Hence, inflation.

-----Posted Added-----

Apparently I could buy 2,000,000 McDonalds apple pies for everyone in the USA according to a news story shown on the Daily Show less than an hour ago. :p

I thought the comparison on The Colbert Report was funny. "Think of it as one Euro." :lol:

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Well, I would buy a stay on the ISS, buy a mansion, buy a private jet...

Cairan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score

They don't... The $700,000,000,000.00 bailout plan would be paid for with the issue of bonds, adding that on top of the $11,000,000,000,000.00+ US debt, a large chunk of which is presently owned by China. China is the largest foreign debt holder of the US right now...

pete.dakota

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Well, technically it just prints however much money they want. Hence, inflation.

However, somewhere close to that amount of cash must exist for inflation not to rise to the point that it re-cripples the US (and perhaps, World) economy.

The FR can't simply 'print' whatever amount of cash they want.

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If I had that much, I'd make Amtrak so much better, then build my own damn space agency and thumb my nose at NASA, RKK, ESA, CSA (Chinese Space Authority I don't know name) and build a new nation on the moon, then ask for recognition as an independent nation.

Cobalt

Reaction score
Go to a medical school, then after residency, found my own. Start a family. Help my friends out.

SlyCoopersButt

Reaction score
I'd just sit on it most likely for a whole lot of time. Unless I had something very important I needed to do. I'm a man with simple interests and wouldn't do too much with it. Would live pretty much just like anyone else in a normal home and do my own thing.

adamb193

Lighting Geek
Reaction score
Build a semi-working replica of the Starship Enterprise, no phasers or shields, missiles though, maybe a nuclear engine. Then I'd go to the moon set up a colony, leave some craft so they can travel back and forth, go to Mars and claim it in my name. Then sell probes and such.

willy88

Tinkerer
Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
With 700 million dollars, I'd build a top-secret base on Skull Island (great place, the weather is pretty bad, though), and then take over the world [maniacal laughter].

Oh, 700 trillion dollars? Oh, well, then I guess I'd buy Russia or something. Or build a colony on the moon, staffed by my minions, and then take over the world [maniacal laughter].

Usonian

Historic Ship & Base Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
That just might be enough for me to buy up McCain's seven houses and 14 cars...

JamesG

Orbinaut
Reaction score
Heh, I don't think some of you guys know just how much 700 Billion dollars is... Even if all you did was put it in a savings account making a measly one percent interest it will earn almost a million dollars an hour!

As for the inflation... well, this is kind of a specal case. Hopefully they will raise these as a special "Opps, we screwed up, please help" bond issued and tied directly to the bail out. These will get paid off as the security (the forclosed houses) are sold off or when the housing industry recovers and the assets are sold for more than the government "paid" for them. Even if they are regular T-Bills, they will go straight from the Fed to whomever holds the bad debt electronically. It will never actually become "cash" or even US dollars. The only way it will effect the USD is from the percieved weakness of it because of the increased debt of the US gov.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
They don't... The $700,000,000,000.00 bailout plan would be paid for with the issue of bonds, adding that on top of the $11,000,000,000,000.00+ US debt, a large chunk of which is presently owned by China. China is the largest foreign debt holder of the US right now...
http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/ (Might give an error for a few seconds at a time)

http://zfacts.com/p/461.html - It's fun to just watch it grow. It's like watching clouds go by. :lol:

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I would put on clown makeup, put all the cash in a big pile, and set it on fire.

joker_thedarkknight.jpg

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'd build my own vacation house on the Moon and take my gf there for a romantic date...

... or maybe that's a bad idea... :p