One step closer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
wehaveaproblem.wordpress.com
For the kicks...
Demolition.png
I'm afraid that AIA cannot accept this advertising application. The AIA philosophy and mandate strictly expresses a desire for Wideawake International to remain neutral in all military disputes and conflicts, wishing only that WIN be used for the exploration and exploitation of space for the benefit of all mankind. Subsequently it does not support any military operations on the base or within its airspace, or any sponsorship or advertising which condones such activity.

If you think CSSC is infested with bugs, you'll have a hell of a time with our first AU release ;) . Now order those blow-ups in masses, at least you'll get discount.
Well I'm looking forward to seeing what your working on atm, since all the implemented stuff so far seems to work smoothly... Although the beacon disco does need a little bit of reigning in! ;)... Am I going to be destroying XR vessels with wayward cargo management or something?

The Void

Workin hard on my next project
Reaction score
This is probably a discussion for somewhere else, but EA has ruined every game series I ever liked and turned it into a fancy graphics, crap game... with... cool... new... special... abilities...

Just to end this off-topic/on-topic issue ea sucks and ruined CNC forever with the closure of westwood but on the bright side I will be running their debugger program to find all the bugs associated with AU and, in the long run putting it through a serious crash course in air traffic to see how many vessels can be used in the are before it crashes and what causes it to crash as I'm sure many people would like to stock the hell out of AU with vessels.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Just to end this off-topic/on-topic issue ea sucks and ruined CNC forever with the closure of westwood

Yes, please stop this off-topic now.

but on the bright side I will be running their debugger program to find all the bugs associated with AU and, in the long run putting it through a serious crash course in air traffic to see how many vessels can be used in the are before it crashes and what causes it to crash as I'm sure many people would like to stock the hell out of AU with vessels.

I'm not familiar with EA, but what debugger program are you talking about? Is it a procedure to follow, or a program to run on another one?

In any case, be aware that AU will be open sourced, so too many reports with "in the special case of this and that and that and that and, yeah, that too, this thing crashes" in it will most likely trigger a "send a patch" reply, especially when other add-ons are involved ;) .

regards,
Face

The Void

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with EA, but what debugger program are you talking about? Is it a procedure to follow, or a program to run on another one?

In any case, be aware that AU will be open sourced, so too many reports with "in the special case of this and that and that and that and, yeah, that too, this thing crashes" in it will most likely trigger a "send a patch" reply, especially when other add-ons are involved ;) .

regards,
Face

It's their own debugger program made by the local EA geeks in their Orlando,FL office. You run it in conjunction with the program and as for this instance it will be run with Orbiter and basically help me target the bugs without having to do it log by log it's fairly simple. It's how I originally found out Pennyblack's RnR dome being used at Hellgate island base was causing orbiter to freeze up when I went anywhere near CSSC.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
It's their own debugger program made by the local EA geeks in their Orlando,FL office. You run it in conjunction with the program and as for this instance it will be run with Orbiter and basically help me target the bugs without having to do it log by log it's fairly simple.

I see. Is a debug build of any help for such a tool? It would sure help to have bug reports pointing at the exact line of failure in the source code. And since AU will come with code, anyway, everything's there to get the info...

It's how I originally found out Pennyblack's RnR dome being used at Hellgate island base was causing orbiter to freeze up when I went anywhere near CSSC.

To me it looks more like the "feature" you used for that is named "Loru": http://orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?p=366134&postcount=36 :p .

The Void

Reaction score
I see. Is a debug build of any help for such a tool? It would sure help to have bug reports pointing at the exact line of failure in the source code. And since AU will come with code, anyway, everything's there to get the info...

To me it looks more like the "feature" you used for that is named "Loru": http://orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?p=366134&postcount=36 :p .

Well basically it works to more or less find the bugs code or non coded it basically runs through all types of files comparing this that and what not determining what is missing that another file needs and what code interfers with another code. It sounds complicated but inshort it was an idea based on the fact of mnaually searching config files and codes for missing links and became something more

Lol well in short yes but apparently the creator of hellsgate changed the name so I ran Pennyblack's file through the program and compared it to the hellsgate config file and discovered instead of using said original files added a number 1 to the name still same files though just had an extra character in the name.

It goes to show using someone else add-ons in your own aren't always the best idea, I always start from pure chicken scratch and build upon, like my Company Logo will be finished tonight for use in AU this is only the beginning for me pretty soon you will see a rival island nearby with just as much bugs and just as much great technology as AU :p

Last edited:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
... Well basically it works to more or less find the bugs code or non coded it basically runs through all types of files comparing this that and what not determining what is missing that another file needs and what code interfers with another code. It sounds complicated but inshort it was an idea based on the fact of mnaually searching config files and codes for missing links and became something more...

Ok - I know developers are creating tools to assit in dev process and it's possible to write such thing but usually they're suited for particular projects.

I have just 1 little request. Screenshot of this tool working on Orbiter add-ons

...pretty soon you will see a rival island nearby with just as much bugs and just as much great technology as AU

Yeah - have you actually developed something for orbiter except logo for AU?

Last edited:

The Void

Reaction score
Ok - I know developers are creating tools to assit in dev process and it's possible to write such thing but usually they're suited for particular projects.

I have just 1 little request. Screenshot of this tool working on Orbiter add-ons

I can't do screen shots my computer display's screen shots as a blank white screen.... And this tool is multi use meaning it can be used for all types of project. It's a program extension you run in conjunction wit a .exe file when you have ctd it displays all causes of said ctd plus ones that won't show up now but later on.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
.. like my Company Logo will be finished tonight for use in AU this is only the beginning for me pretty soon you will see a rival island nearby with just as much bugs and just as much great technology as AU :p

This implies that you want to build a base based on AU's code/meshes. That's the idea of open source, of course, but keep in mind that you'll have to comply to GPL terms if you create derived work. I'm just pointing that out because all too often we have folks here that think simply copying and putting another name on it is sufficient to claim full copyright. Open source will not make it free as in beer, but as in speech.

I can't do screen shots my computer display's screen shots as a
blank white screen....

Now that sounds really, really weird. Alt-Print + paste into mspaint.exe is giving you that? How about making the screen shot old-fashioned? Take a picture with a digi-cam for example.

I'm really curious what that debugger program does now in regards to Orbiter.

wehaveaproblem

One step closer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
soon you will see a rival island nearby with just as much bugs and just as much great technology as AU :p
I look forward to seeing it! One of the tenets of the AU project was to make tools for others to use for their own derived bases. Although their aren't really any islands 'nearby' in the middle of the South Atlantic! Unless 10degrees of long and lat counts as nearby that is...;)

The Void

Reaction score
I look forward to seeing it! One of the tenets of the AU project was to make tools for others to use for their own derived bases. Although their aren't really any islands 'nearby' in the middle of the South Atlantic! Unless 10degrees of long and lat counts as nearby that is...;)

Lol Well I am currently taking classes on cad and 3d art and I am learning to make islands from scratch. In a few months time I will begin the island and have it about located within15-20 miles of AU. I was actually thinking to make it a joint project with Face doing all the coding. And With my voice modifier program that came with my new Sound Blaster Card, make my own sounds as far as ATC and was thinking of doing a few for AU so they can have dialog between the two islands with humor mixed in the dialog.Think of it more as a sister island of AU more than competition.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Lol Well I am currently taking classes on cad and 3d art and I am learning to make islands from scratch. In a few months time I will begin the island and have it about located within15-20 miles of AU. I was actually thinking to make it a joint project with Face doing all the coding.

:rofl:I guess I'll stay with WHAP for joint ventures. Please think about another coder for the job.

The Void

Reaction score
:rofl:I guess I'll stay with WHAP for joint ventures. Please think about another coder for the job.

Fair enough so aside from the screen shots I seen, how much interaction can I expect with this island?

Sorry if this has been answered but I almost went blind after a few pages of searching, but is this going to replace all the old WAI files?

wehaveaproblem

One step closer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
Fair enough so aside from the screen shots I seen, how much interaction can I expect with this island?
Sorry if this has been answered but I almost went blind after a few pages of searching, but is this going to replace all the old WAI files?

As I said to you in my pm, good luck with your project, I'll offer help, but I won't get involved directly. As to a sister Island, AIA already has one marked out in the eastern hemisphere, another overseas colony, so should I ever want to make a base again (slim chance after this one lol) then I will go there. But good luck with your project.

To answer your question, in brief...
Control hangar doors, control roll out for vertical launch, strobing taxi routes,-cargo management crane, a bunch of other relevant beacon controls (runways etc), and other features that you will have to wait for. ;)

wehaveaproblem

One step closer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
Okay, so for the first time in my orbiter forum experience, next Tuesday actually means next Tuesday!

The first beta release of AU will be made available Tuesday 3rd July. We have decided to do time-based releases, rather than feature-based releases. This means each release will have whatever features have been implemented to date. But the feature list is looking pretty healthy for 0.1.

I'm not exactly decided how the beta will be handled, or how 'closed' it will be, but it will be closely monitored and I'm after people who want to seriously test the features and not just 'play' with a new base. After all, we are not only appraising pretty visuals but the fundamental base coding which in essence should become a "Basecraft3" type thing (Face gave it that title as a semi-joke, so don't hold me to the name ;)).

For sake of clarity, I will probably start a separate beta test thread, or create a group, for sign-up and feedback. So if you're interested, please wait for further info from me before waving your arms or jumping up and down.

:cheers:

wehaveaproblem

One step closer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
Beta tests starts tomorrow, so hopefully the beta thread will bulge with interesting stuff. But I thought I would post up few more random screenshots... because who doesn't like pictures!
Some changes are quite subtle, but there's actually quite a lot of new stuff in these shots.

au28.jpg

au29.jpg

au30.jpg

au31.jpg

au32.jpg
au33.jpg

NB: Many of the beacon lights seen in these pics are not yet animated as intended, so in some shots the number of lights may seem like over-kill… this will ultimately not be the case.

flightsim787

Reaction score
I was just wondering if the VTOL pads will be large enough to handle a Firefly class, also have you considered a hangar for VTOL that has a rooftop entry access that slides back to allow them to land via a rooftop hatch and a smaller main door in the side of the hangar that allows support equipment into the hangar.