News XCOR Aerospace Lynx Suborbital Flight Sweepstakes

ky

Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
Im going to KSC Visitors Complex to win a trip to space.They have that going on right now!

Visitors to the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex will be invited to participate in a mission to win over $300,000 in prizes including two suborbital trips to space in the Launch of a Lifetime Sweepstakes. Sponsored by TripAlertz.com, two lucky winners will be drawn for a trip to space aboard the XCOR Aerospace Lynx Vehicle, including space flight training. Each package includes round trip airline tickets for each grand prize winner and a guest, five night hotel accommodations, six day rental car and select meals. Prize drawings of merchandise certificates from The Space Shop, admission tickets, Special Interest Tours and Lunch With an Astronaut tickets will be held daily and weekly for registered guests.

The Mission to Win
Upon entering, guests visiting the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex during Sci-Fi Summer, can pick up a Sci-Fi Summer Mission Log. The Mission Log will invite them to journey throughout the Visitor Complex in a quest to find the answers to eight questions covering the last 50 years of U.S. manned space flight and Star Trek, one of the greatest science fiction franchises in U.S. history.

The Mission Log will guide guests to “NASA Central” home to an Orion Space Capsule and a thrilling ride on the Star Trek Shuttlecraft Simulator. Next stop, the “International Space Station Mural” and a tribute to the participating 16 countries. Here, answers will be found to four of the eight questions.

The journey continues with a trip to “Exploration Space: Explorers Wanted Adventure” and “Shuttle Plaza”. Two more answers will be found at these locations where guests can also take time out to get vertical on the Shuttle Launch Experience.

Guests will complete their mission at the “Rocket Garden” where they’ll explore historic rockets, telling the story of man’s quest for the stars and “Early Space Exploration” featuring various space artifacts including a Mercury Mission Control console and “The Robot” from the 60’s hit TV series, Lost in Space. The final two answers will be found at these locations.

The final stop before exiting the Kennedy Space Visitor Complex, is the Guest Information Desk where guests will drop their completed Mission Log for a chance to win great prizes. In order to be entered into the drawing for the trip to space, all answers must be correct.

Sweepstakes Official Rules
http://kennedyspacecenter.com/contest-rules.aspx

Never mind 21 years or older.I'm 14. :(

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
XCOR Aerospace Announces Lynx Suborbital Flight Winner

XCOR Aerospace Announces Lynx Suborbital Flight Winner - SpaceRef
XCOR Aerospace today announced the grand prize winner of a trip aboard the Lynx Mark I suborbital launch vehicle.
"Unfortunately our main winner was unable to accept the prize. Our backup winner, Jennifer Brisco, is now the official recipient of the suborbital flight."

Jennifer, who hails from the San Francisco Bay Area was flown in to the Spacecraft Technology Expo in Los Angeles to receive the prize.
Jennifer, who is a space enthusiast, will be eligible to fly on the Lynx mark I as a suborbital researcher after passing a medical exam and completing a three day training program that includes altitude and G-force exposure.
12-05-08_jennifer-ticket-win-3801.jpg
Jennifer Brisco, winner of XCOR's suborbital flight giveaway poses in the full size Lynx cockpit model at the Spacecraft Technology Expo in Los Angeles

SilverStar

Reaction score
This is so awesome to win! I like it that you have won this Space trip Jennifer!
In the Netherlands we have also an initiative when it comes to commercial space flights:http://xcormissions.com/the-flight/
As an Internet Marketer, I'm saving money to pay for my space trip as well....:thumbup: