You know you're addicted to Orbiter when...

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
OK I was on the way to shool with the train today. It was quite shaky, so I aked me: DAMNED why did I switch camshake on?

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been said yet, I know some related ones have...

When you are viewing someone's screenshot in the screenshot thread at full size and you press F9 to see which planet/vessel is in the background...

:unsure:

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
If you "hold the station" when attempting to park. (I actually almost tried doing this before I snapped to my senses.)

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
When you try to use CTRL-Q to close your browser window.....

Spacedoughnut

Civil Air Patrol Graduate
Reaction score
When you can pinpoint the exact location of ISS or where Mir WOULD be any second of any day

When you put you car in reverse you yell "retro doors opening"

When you add your backyard as a base in orbiter (I wish I could do that)

When you try to drive over the Atlantic (or any body of water)

You think :roflcopter: is a ship in orbiter

Last edited:

markl316

XR2 Ravenstar Commander
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
"Hold the station"?

Station-keeping (when you hold your delta V with the space station at 0).
Me and Lunchbox live 5 minutes away, and we both play clarinet in band. So the director said, "guys, get out your music," and Lunchbox pulls out the DGIV manual out of his music folder, and I laughed so hard, I almost cried. :rofl:
Also, when you go to orbithangar, and the random addon is displayed, and you know who the author is just by seeing the picture.

Last edited:

Marcel

Reaction score
...when you've actually done that.

I'm working on it! I got the runways for Eugene and a pad set up. I'm eventually going to tile the area and mesh the local hills and make my house as a static vessel so I can open the door and go outside, get into a vehicle and drive to the airport. I'm not addicted. I can quit at any time, I just don't want to! :blink:

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
...when you make your home town as a surface base and destroy it with a R-7 or V-2

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
When you create a spreadsheet for work (mine was tracking RAM upgrades in laptops) and color-code to show which ones get upgrades and which ones are completed, and without realizing what your subconscious mind has done, you end up using the color scheme from the Soyuz launchers to distinguish between the two...

Attachments

• RAM.JPG
    RAM.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 73

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
When you plan for all your programs in your college Java course to be somehow related to Orbiter.
When you plan to build said programs even if you can't build them for the class.
When your first working program for a TI-89 is a vector normalizing calculator for Orbiter.
(Yes, ALLLLL of these are 100% true)

Radomir

Reaction score
-when you prepare for a long car trip, you consider packing a space suit, a rover, and a small satellite, along with some food and water.

-when you try to hack your car stereo's firmware to make it into a Warp Drive MFD, so you'll never be late from work again.
-->for the severely addicted: You'd be afraid to turn on the makeshift MFD, because you car will either freeze, or teleport onto the surface of the Sun. (This is what happens when you turn on warp drive while being on the surface of a planet).

-when you hear a scary story about an alien visiting someone, you remain calm, but not because you don't believe in aliens, but because you're sure that is was just THE PROBE.

Stormlordalpha

Reaction score
when you watch a documentation in TV about an asteroid impact and you want to use rightclicking your mouse to see the surface of the asteroid from different angle.

And:

when you see a movie in TV about spaceflight, and you tell someone "Oh looks nice, i have flown this spacecraft already." And people look at you like you are a madman.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You know you're addicted to orbiter when you brag to your friends that you've been to the Moon and back a dozen times.