A short history of Kaito

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
So, I realized lately that I love the Orbiter Community. Not like "Oh, I love you guys, you are the greatest," but more of "You know, I've grown to these people like they are my family." I do feel like you guys are my 2nd family, so I think all of you deserve to know a little history on me. If you don't care, then that's fine, I just want to let you all know.

My internet history started back at about 2006, when I bought Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. I bought it because my best friend at the time wanted me to start playing. So I bought it, and I played for about..3 years. It was an incredibly fun game, even more fun when played with my friend. During the first couple months, I struggled with my name. I couldn't think of one. Deciding to go for a cool name, I looked in a Mech warrior book I owned and looked at the planet names. I saw "Deneb Kaitos." I knew the Deneb had to go, and I was left with Kaitos. The 's' made it sound plural, so Kaito was born. And that has been my alias ever since. In 2007, I joined a clan called JSU, for Jedi Soldiers United. They accepted me as family, and I grew with them. I loved each and every single one of them.

On January 17th, 2009 (I will never forget that date), JSU disintegrated within 24 hours. All of the active members broke off (due to internal, administrative problems) and formed their own clan. This was a big deal for me; I mean, I was family with all of these people for many years, and then they just all..broke off. This split, combined with a decreasing popularity in Jedi Academy, meant that JSU will never recover. The owners tried to save it by switching to popular games that the time, such as Left 4 Dead, but it never really caught on.

I joined this forum August 24th, 2008. In that time, I have meant many amazing people, many of them I happily call friends. The IRC has meant that I can get closer to these people. I really feel like this community will never disintegrate, because, while we are connected via a game, that game is still in development, and the community is still growing. I will remain here until these forums disappear forever, or until I die. I'm hoping I die first, because this community has been a part of me for 3 years, and I cannot imagine what would happen if I didn't have it.

I love all of you,
~Kaito

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
I also love the community here. :bighug:
Even the one's that don't agree with me. :blahblah: Which is about 99% of the population.

Hey...
It's November the 5th tomorrow, we celebrate this date because a bloke had a bright idea about removeing a government by blowing them up. Unfortunatly he was very stupid in the way he went about it. We are an strange nation here as we also celebrate failure, in as much as success... don't figure does it. We celebrate by getting explosives and we try to shatter our nieghbours windows.
I got a big bag of massive rockets under my table. (40 of em)

:woohoo:

I'll give ya space junk.

Last edited:

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
It's November the 5th tomorrow, we celebrate this date because a bloke had a bright idea about removeing a government by blowing them up.

Hey, it's a quite spectacular method, what's wrong with it? And by the way, Natalie Portman is hot, even with her hair shaved off.

Unfortunatly he was very stupid in the way he went about it. We are an strange nation here as we also celebrate failure, in as much as success... don't figure does it.

Well, precious little C4 back in the day.

We celebrate by getting explosives and we try to shatter our nieghbours windows.
I got a big bag of massive rockets under my table. (40 of em)

FIRE IT UP! FIRE IT UP! FIRE IT UP!

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
:)Thanks for the insight. I also really like the forum, it provides a great area if you want a political or technical debate or just want to hang out with some friends sharing a subject we all enjoy immensely.

Last edited:

Jarvitä

Reaction score
I agree, the community here is simply wonderful, plenty of knowledgeable people in all areas, whether it's a heated debate or supporting my pathetic programming skills. This is one of the few places on the internet I feel were worth establishing and maintaining a persona on. :tiphat:

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
I will remain here until these forums disappear forever, or until I die. I'm hoping I die first.

Kaito, you must get somewhat suicidal during maintenence downtime. I suggest beer. :)

I cannot imagine what would happen if I didn't have it.

More beer. :thumbup:

JSU disintegrated within 24 hours. All of the active members broke off (due to internal, administrative problems) and formed their own clan.

That sounds like a coup. They can happen so fast. 24 hours, may as well be 24 seconds to the fickle. I'm glad you shared your story and I hope the server never dies, think of all those lost persona's.
:cheers:

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
I hear you, Kaito.

I don't post much (usually because I don't really have anything constructive to add). But I'm always lurking about, reading, searching something, checking out old threads, or just waiting to see what comes up next.

Like you, it's hard for me to imagine this place not being here. Not sure what I'd do if it were not.

And, like you, I tend to think of the folks here (most of whom are way smarter than I am, but then, I always preferred hanging out with the smarter kids), as family. (Somebody at work today said, "Ugh.", and I found myself chuckling, thinking about Fireproof!:lol:)

So, a :tiphat:, and :cheers: to all of you, for you make Orbiter Forum the most civil (and Cool) place on the internet.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It's great to have you here. :cheers:

Hardly ever on IRC, but you seem like a much-welcome permanent fixture.

and i like the community enough to freaking moderate it... :shifty:

iamwearingpants

Just an Earth-bound misfit, I
Reaction score
I feel the same way about O-F :cheers:

Everyone here has mostly the same interests (After all this is Orbiter-forum :p) and I feel like I can relate and connect because of that.

-------------me-you--
--------------l----l
-------------.V---V
Hug time! :bighug:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
and i like the community enough to freaking moderate it... :shifty:

and you do a damn good job doing it too, all of you.

Kaito, i wasnt to involved with the interwebz back when JSU went to hell in a handbasket, but it does seem to cause a bit of a stir now and again. Sometimes i wonder what would happen if O-F disappears (worst case scenario)... i think it would smell like lemon...:cheers: and may probe guide you

PeriapsisPrograde

Wannabe addon dev
Reaction score
While I am an extreme introvert, and so always feel really awkward when talking to people, (mostly I feel like I am bogging people down with my stupid problems and ramblings) I feel somewhat at ease on O-F. It's a nice break from reality without taking a break from reality. :facepalm::blackeye::rofl::cheers:

But I really am sorry if I seem like that stupid little kid :/

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
While I am an extreme introvert, and so always feel really awkward when talking to people, (mostly I feel like I am bogging people down with my stupid problems and ramblings) I feel somewhat at ease on O-F. It's a nice break from reality without taking a break from reality. :facepalm::blackeye::rofl::cheers:

i know how you feel, just look at the mirror in the morning and say ' I look good, im smart enough, and you know what...people want me' Self esteem goes up like a rocket

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score

:hesaid:

Jarvitä

Reaction score
i know how you feel, just look at the mirror in the morning and say ' I look good, im smart enough, and you know what...people want me' Self esteem goes up like a rocket

But increased self-esteem can lead to overconfidence and a host of other social problems. Sometimes people just don't trust in themselves for a reason, and that isn't the problem, the reasons they don't trust in themselves are. Lying at a mirror doesn't solve that.