OHM Daedalus Interstellar Probe

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: cmoon2012

The Daedalus Probe is an unmanned interstellar probe meant to deliver robotic probes to nearby star systems.

This Daedalus add-on is actually a stack of ten spacecraft. The two main vessels are the First stage booster (daedalus1ststage) and the Second stage booster & Payload bay (daedalus2ndstage). Within the payload bay are eight robotic probe-ships which are launched about one light year from the target star so they can align themselves for close fly-by's of eight different planets. Press G on the daedalus2ndstage spacecraft to open the probe hangar bays.

Daedalus uses He3 fusion boosters in the first and second stages. Despite the massive size of the main boosters, the actual acceleration is only about 0.05 G, to start. The first booster and the second booster fire for about 2 years, one after the other bringing the ship to about 16% of the speed of light. The probe completes a complete fly-by survey of the target star system in under 70 hours! Data transited back, it sails off into deep space....

Spacecraft3 required.

DOWNLOAD

ATymeson

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Project Daedalus

I gave the ol' bird a whirl and I am very pleased with her. The controls were simple and she performed like a swiss watch. Overall I think you did an excellent job with this addon. I think this would be perfect for Orbiter Galaxy.

Sorpenderin

Reaction score
it didant work for me.

is there anything else i need to do?

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

I gave the ol' bird a whirl and I am very pleased with her. The controls were simple and she performed like a swiss watch. Overall I think you did an excellent job with this addon. I think this would be perfect for Orbiter Galaxy.

and if its still here in 4-7 years then it could be good for sorpendarin project

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
It won't appear in the Scenario editor because it's SC3 based.

You should have an entry in the scenario list called 'Daedalus', double-click on that.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Then it's not installed properly. Make sure that the folders in the zip file are copied over the top of the folders in the orbiter install.