Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
200,000 XP to be exact. That's the equivalent of killing 20,000 blaze or 40,000 creepers. Is the XP shared or does it go to the person to deals the final blow?

Yes, I know. According to MinecraftWiki.net, it's enough to bring a person from level 0 to level 75. Still, it seems insignificant compared to the zombie mob grinding I've already done. Some level 50 picks, a level 50 sward, going for level 50 diamond armor now and countless level 30 picks for branch mining. Unbreaking III + Efficiency III tares through rock like a hot knife through butter!
Add to that a Fortune III diamond pick and I now have 5 full stacks of diamond.

Shinrar

Reaction score
H1DVx.jpg

The Hideous Staircase of Anguish (tm)

On that note Chub777, if you're not going to destroy that staircase anytime soon, I'm just going to redo it (if you don't mind).

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yay, you can see my Beacon in the harbor picture. :)

Chub777

Reaction score
On that note Chub777, if you're not going to destroy that staircase anytime soon, I'm just going to redo it (if you don't mind).

You can redo it, but I will probably destroy it.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Me, Chaser and Blane have found the stronghold!
2011-12-22_04.12.49.png

We've not found the portal yet but I'll post some images of that as soon as we find it :cheers:

---------- Post added at 04:26 ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 ----------

Unfortunately something hit us all into the end portal before the usual photo-op :(
We do have one of us about to get killed by a dragon though!
2011-12-22_04.25.23.png

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Well, due to a rather major bug that made the portal that would've taken us out of the end disappear we seem to be stuck there :dry:
2011-12-22_05.39.08.png

Last edited:

Chaser

Reaction score
A couple of the screenshots I was able to take:

2pDVB.jpg

The group (what's left of us) upon entering The End. We were so innocent back then.

baggI.jpg

Awwwyeah.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Don't know what caused the return portal to get borken.

I've deleted that End and made a new one, as dicussed. I've also disallowed the three who were in that dragon kill from getting to the end, in order to encourage/force other people to go see the dragon.

Nevermind, they apparently didn't get blocked. Oh well.

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Request: Ability to lock iron/gold/etc blocks. :)
So, the problem is that LWC really isn't intended for this purpose--if you start using it to lock structures like that, I imagine the database will start getting pretty big. If people want to lock structures, I think we'll need to look into some kind of "area protection" mod with plots, like maybe Towny. I'm not sure if there's an up-to-date version of that, or something simpler, but if anyone has any suggestions I'm open to them.

Pablo49

Reaction score
So, currently trapped in the end with Chaser (who was kind enough to come rescue me.) And I decided to kill my time honoring a fallen hero:

YnGSa.jpg

Dream Team hiding out.
pGZA3.png

EDIT: We came back for the egg.
8oHy0.jpg

So hielor, I would like to not lose my awesome sword and pick, and the first retrieved egg. Mind teleporting us out? Portal broke again. EDIT: I see why it broke. When you touch it, it is resending you to the end, and then it clears an area and puts down a obsidian pad. It only appeared messed up from the start from the last expedition because the portal landed on them.

Also, in winterhold, someone took blue wool from the spleef arena. (I have a sneaking suspicion who, but not going to say that here.) Some ice over the portal was broken. A few days ago I found a piston missing from the colosseum in the old world (along with some missing sandstone. Could have been an enderman though, but I doubt that due to blocks being gone, not moved), and someone had messed with my redstone and pistons in the door to my house in the old world. Wasn't going to say anything originally, but it has started to happen a bit too much.

More also, the world is getting really crowded by spawn. Already had someone build steps to a house that actually touched the gate to my area. Also some huge stone thing is being built in the bay by my tower, which isn't bad in and of itself, just that that it ruins my view and fills half the bay. (sorry to call you out specifically, just that monument is enormous) And just in general there are people with multiple houses, all by spawn, and it's messy. Some consideration for your neighbors would be nice. World is basically infinite, we don't have to build on top of each other.

Last edited:

Chub777

Reaction score
Also, in winterhold, someone took blue wool from the spleef arena.

Creeper blew up while I was exiting. I left a sign atop the piston there but not sure what happened to it. Sorry about that. The rest, don't know.

Last edited:

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
I'd join you, if my Minecraft was in any state to do SMP at the moment. (I have the Technic Pack installed)

Pablo49

Reaction score
I'd join you, if my Minecraft was in any state to do SMP at the moment. (I have the Technic Pack installed)
Just rename your .jar as a backup, then force update to get a vanilla jar. Switch back when you want to play with technic. Also, I believe you can still hop on a vanilla server with technic installed. I've been on vanilla servers while I had buildcraft etc. You could always use something like Multicraft, too.