Request Kulch's addons recompiled for Orbiter 2016

Helios

Reaction score
Anyone thought about recompiling Kulch's addons for Orbiter 2016? Specifically Energia (ENERGY Project), URMS and Delta Tug?

Energia was my favorite launcher to you and I'm sad it no longer works, mainly due to how 2016 handles collision detection.

llarian

Reaction score
Yuri has been out of touch with the community for quite a while. In most cases, anyone seeking to work on a past work should seek permission of the author which might be difficult in Yuri's case. However, several of his offerings have included source code which might be construed as a sort of permission for someone to continue working on his projects, but I would really highly suggest trying to get permission to do it.

jgrillo2002

Conservative Pioneer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Kulch has been gone for almost a decade. most likely this will not happen unless they get permission from kulch a go-ahead on redoing the addon. Until then, its unlikely.

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
@gattispilot, can you make your own Delta Tug, Energia launch vehicle, and Buran shuttle?

Gargantua2024

The Desktop Orbinaut
Reaction score
I have a 2016 adaptation of Energia-Buran and Energia-Polyus in the works based on existing OHM addons (plus a rare actual 30-second launch audio of Buran included)

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Used the following addons:
1) Buran V4.8 (http://simviation.com/1/browse-Orbiter+Addons-142-1)
2) Buran Launch Complex High Detail Ver3 ([ame="https://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=856"]Just a moment...[/ame])
3) CCCPCOMBI ([ame="https://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=1809"]Just a moment...[/ame])
4) CVELBuran ([ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=755"]Just a moment...[/ame])
5) Buran cockpit ([ame="https://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5845"]Just a moment...[/ame])

Will share this as soon as I'm done re-animating Polyus by spacecraft4.DLL standards
(Energia is Multistage2015 compatible BTW) :)

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
You might just need to drop Kulch a PM on the forum.

After reading this thread last night, I checked the 'orbinauts list' and found that his last visit to the forum was in May of this year.

And just a few minutes ago, I went to double-check and found it had updated to 8 August 2019. So he pops in from time to time.

Gargantua2024

The Desktop Orbinaut
Reaction score
Thanks Aeadar, I'll keep that in mind...however the addons stated above are not from Kulch

The Energia launcher used came from David413's Buran V4.8, but since it is already written in Multistage.INI format, I left it in place, the same goes to the Buran shuttle by Nerull and 4th rock (this time on Spacecraft4.INI)

The Polyus had a major modification into spacecraft4.ini format however because it doesn't work at all even in the 2010 version

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I contacted him about the URMS and mentioned the issue with the display. He sent me an update and it worked. But really can't share it

Not sure about Delta Tug.

Helios

Reaction score
Nice to see Kulch keeps popping in every so often, but his statement re: updating the addons was made almost 3 years ago.

Pretty cool to see that someone is working on a new Energia all the same!

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
tumblr_pmndkcnrvy1vcqvzco1_500.gif

Thank you so much. I was in the process of planning a new station, that became a lot easier now!

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I have a question to community.

I can publish all my old addons (for Orbiter-2006 P1) as a one single pack. Like installation where you can choose what addons you want.
Would that be useful?
I would like this. I usually just install all of them, so that makes it easier ?

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him

I can publish all my old addons (for Orbiter-2006 P1) as a one single pack. Like installation where you can choose what addons you want.
Would that be useful?
As a single zip pack, I do not recommend since it will take long time to download. I recommend posting the old add-ons in a single post.

Edit: A question, can you make a seperate pack of your add-ons with Orbiter 2010 compatibility? This is because a group of people like Orbiter 2010 as being superstable, user-friendly, etc.

Last edited:

llarian

Reaction score
As long as I can get your updates somewhere, I don't care how you archive them. My bandwidth will handle it.

Are you updating all of your addons? I do hope the Space Elevator is one of them.

BTW, very good to see you back.

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com

Would that be useful?

Yes! Especially Lunar Mass Driver. Welcome back! :cheers: