Last day of classes

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Tomorrow is officially the last day of classes. Technically, next Friday is the last day of school, but we have finals for this Friday and all next week. So far, I really don't like High School. But with my final schedule, I get this Friday off, then Wendsday, Thursday, and Friday next week off, since you don't have to come to school if you don't have finals that day. I'm just glad I made it through the year.

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
How come everybodys school is getting out late? Mine was out on the 21st of May.

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
May I ask what don't you like from school?
I bet there must be a way to make it more enjoyable.

When I was at high school I hated history. I thought it was useless and boring. Later I discovered that as I loved planes I ended up studying history.

At school I hated french language, for I thought "when am I going to know someone who speaks french?". I was poor back then, and the only exchange students who came were very few from US, and usually they were surrounded by people. Later in life I had a french girlfriend and I had to sincerely regret not to pay more attention to french language. I still regret that, even today.

At university I hated matrix algebra, and when I had to make Mesh Wizard I learned to enjoy it.

Last edited:

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
School is far more enjoyable when you reach college. High school is a bunch of crap.

I don't know when exactly I could put my knowledge about the intestines of worms and reproduction of fungi to good use...

RangerPL

Addon Consumer
Reaction score
High school is a piece of crap.
My last day is tomorrow, Friday is make-up day for those who missed any of the finals and next week we have 3 days when we "make up" snowdays, but nobody shows up (as there's no point because grades are closed).
Even our teachers told us not to come because we'll be causing nothing but problems. Instead of sending you back to class, the principal tells you to go home if he catches you in the hallways without a pass.
I'm going to ride my bike to school on those days, and do nothing basically.

128897332443547271.png

Last edited:

Unstung

Reaction score
Isn't summer vacation two-and-a-half months?

How come everybodys school is getting out late? Mine was out on the 21st of May.
Mine also ended during the end of May.

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So, when will you get the mandatory three-and-a-half months of summer vacation?

Says who? I haven't had a summer 'vacation' in two years! At least in Florida, there is a great deal of flexibility offered by Florida Virtual School.

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
School is far more enjoyable when you reach college. High school is a bunch of crap.

I don't know when exactly I could put my knowledge about the intestines of worms and reproduction of fungi to good use...

If you are in need to understand how worms turn organic waste into compost, you are understanding how a bioreactor works. For long spacetrips you may need to carry a bioreactor with you to reduce the amount of mass of supplies.

As for fungi, they are bioreactors that process toxic substances for human being. What use could they have? It depends of the reactions involved.

If you are going to design life support systems for interplanetary travel, you may need to investigate aerobic and anaerobic reactions and then what can produce them. Such reactions are essential to recycle organic matter.

Jarvitä

Reaction score
My lectures ended a month ago (university, 1st year), but I've still got a few exams to pass in july and september.

RangerPL

Addon Consumer
Reaction score
If you are in need to understand how worms turn organic waste into compost, you are understanding how a bioreactor works. For long spacetrips you may need to carry a bioreactor with you to reduce the amount of mass of supplies.

As for fungi, they are bioreactors that process toxic substances for human being. What use could they have? It depends of the reactions involved.

If you are going to design life support systems for interplanetary travel, you may need to investigate aerobic and anaerobic reactions and then what can produce them. Such reactions are essential to recycle organic matter.
Or you just can look it up online when you need it.

I want to learn something I actually care about.

On a different note: LAST DAY TOMORROW! YEAH! (well, last day that you actually have to come)

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I think I have about two and a half months, but it's certainly not mandatory. We have summer school classes that about 1500 students in my district are taking, often to get ahead. (though some are there because they failed something) Summer school is 6wks = 1 semester, so 12wks for a year class.