Humor Random Comments Thread

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
RIP Peter Lustig, former German TV host of "Löwenzahn", one of the finest children TV shows in my childhood. :( The show started to air in 1981 for the first time, the precursor of the show already started in 1979. He hosted the show until 2005.

Loewenzahn_Bauwagen.JPG

He also was the responsible sound engineer for the recording of Kennedys "Ich bin ein Berliner" speech, working for the American Army broadcaster AFN initially and later for the German public broadcaster SFB.

He died at the age of 78 among his family in the farmhouse "Fresenhof" near Husum.

Last edited:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
RIP Peter Lustig, former German TV host of "Löwenzahn", one of the finest children TV shows in my childhood.

:(

I still remember the episode "Peter builds a Robot"!

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
Soo, Today I received the last parts for my new PC.

I unpack the shipping box and see the CPU's box is slightly crushed, and a broken seal on it too. then I open the Mother board box and something is not right, I look closer and see the cooler mount has damage, ok I'll get it out the static bag to take a photo, and then find out the whole board is covered in dust.

I paid for a NEW components not some pre-used stuff that looks like its been used for months.

I'm not a happy bunny.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

I unpack the shipping box and see the CPU's box is slightly crushed, and a broken seal on it too. then I open the Mother board box and something is not right, I look closer and see the cooler mount has damage, ok I'll get it out the static bag to take a photo, and then find out the whole board is covered in dust.

I paid for a NEW components not some pre-used stuff that looks like its been used for months.

I'm not a happy bunny.

Sounds like fun. :facepalm:

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score

I'm not a happy bunny.

As much as I love the convenience of living in the post-Amazon world of online ordering and door-to-door delivery, things like that prompt me to keep buying certain things at actual stores.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
So I was bored at the office...

Printing:
DSC00205.jpg

Cutting:
DSC00207.jpg

Result:
DSC00209.jpg

Linguofreak

Reaction score

I'm not a happy bunny.

If you buy from me, you'll always* receive new parts.

*I reserve the right to ship bobcats in lieu of computer components, but if I do not ship a bobcat, all components are guaranteed new.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
As much as I love the convenience of living in the post-Amazon world of online ordering and door-to-door delivery, things like that prompt me to keep buying certain things at actual stores.

Well, that is what I like about the German law... its all about contracts and if you are violating a contract, the result is defined. Especially, new means new and not used or "on display". And that especially if you trade via internet or telephone.

Sadly it only applies to Germans, which means buying from strange sellers at Amazon is already dangerous, because Amazon pretends they are not having any responsibility there in negotiating the trade.

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
Well I'm getting a free replacement, but trust in the retailer in question has gone down, should have got it from Dabs.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
long story short; error C2144: 'short' should be preceded by ';'

Let me fix that for ya:

#define story int
#define short MyLongInt

---------- Post added at 17:59 ---------- Previous post was at 13:03 ----------

DSC09092.jpg

My new setup.

I managed to repair the monitor in the middle. It died years ago and I didn't throw it away because I figured I knew it was just bad caps. They were...

A couple of caps went bad. A 16 V cap and a 25 V 1000 uF cap. I bought them, and put them in, but soldered the 25 V cap in incorrectly - wrong polarity (no Star Trek puns, no...), which killed it right away. So what do you do when you don't have another one at home?

You cannibalize another monitor that you know is beyond repair and lift two 25 V, 470 uF caps out and then solder them in parallel before putting them into the monitor.

Remember, for parallel capacitors it's C = C1 + C2, so 470 uF + 470 uF = 940 uF, which is close enough to 1000 uF to work :p

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
So I was bored at the office...

Printing:
DSC00205.jpg

Cutting:
DSC00207.jpg

Result:
DSC00209.jpg

I'm missing the meaning of this meme. What is it all about. Some Pope Francis thing?

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

If you buy from me, you'll always* receive new parts.

*I reserve the right to ship bobcats in lieu of computer components, but if I do not ship a bobcat, all components are guaranteed new.

a-minus-minus.png

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
So I was standing at the printer at work one day, and the display said this:

Busy, low paper
- Cancel job

Yes, please:) Just not from a printer:shifty:

My friends, that is what happens when you have a dirty, dyslexic mind.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
On a random note...

First step to solving a problem is to recognize you have a problem.
prometer.png

This is Procrastinate-o-meter, a little tool i made that lets you see what you are doing at your computer.
And hopefully help you realize whether you have a problem or not.
http://orbides.org/page.php?id=1008

Feedback is welcome...
If i reinvented a bicycle, a pointer to the previous solution is welcome too.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
On a random note...

First step to solving a problem is to recognize you have a problem.
prometer.png

This is Procrastinate-o-meter, a little tool i made that lets you see what you are doing at your computer.
And hopefully help you realize whether you have a problem or not.
http://orbides.org/page.php?id=1008

Feedback is welcome...
If i reinvented a bicycle, a pointer to the previous solution is welcome too.

I've seen a piece of software that does this before, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called.