Humor Random Comments Thread

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Yep, it quite definitely worked. Only that the guy was an idiot and called from his other residence (somewhere south, maybe FL). The insurance fraud became self-evident when they examined the phone records. He should have used a pay phone.

Much better would have been using something combustible...

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Speaking of rocket launches,
dN9fnNm_s80.jpg

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Timezones this, timezones that. By now I wish the earth was :censored: flat!

honestly I only realised this is a rhyme after writing it!

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Timezones this, timezones that. By now I wish the earth was :censored: flat!

honestly I only realised this is a rhyme after writing it!
They're awful, aren't they?

[ame="https://youtu.be/-5wpm-gesOY"]The Problem with Time & Timezones - Computerphile - YouTube[/ame]

And then there's Daylight Saving Time. Which my state does not participate in. Except the Navajo reservation which does. EXCEPT the Hopi within the Navajo reservation who do not.

timezones.jpg

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Why? They are a necessity of living on a round planet.

DST, on the other hand, is evil.
Why not just use the exact local time for your present location? A continuous stream, rather than partitioned sections... for most of the people in the world, they'd be able to go 10-15 miles east or west before the time would be off by even a minute.

Just about everyone these days has a cell phone, use the GPS in that to determine the exact local time and any other non-GPS timekeeping devices could be set from that.

Frilock

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Why not just use the exact local time for your present location? A continuous stream, rather than partitioned sections... for most of the people in the world, they'd be able to go 10-15 miles east or west before the time would be off by even a minute.

Just about everyone these days has a cell phone, use the GPS in that to determine the exact local time and any other non-GPS timekeeping devices could be set from that.

Oh hey, a new excuse for me to be late to a drop off.

"Well I got loaded at 8:15 AM, but at the destination it was already 8:20".

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score

You would never have anything even close to bug-free code again.

Linguofreak

Reaction score

Better yet, just have everybody use UTC.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
:rant: Rant:

It really steams me when I hear somebody say "radiation was released into the sea/atmosphere", as if they're talking about some kind of fluid. Radiation is either a wavelength of light, like gamma waves, or it's emitted particles, such as neutrons or alpha particles. Radioactive material, i.e., substances which are radioactive, are what can get released into the environment.

It would be like saying, "I released light into the sea by shining my headlights at the waves." So what? As soon as you turned off your lights the light goes away! :beathead:

/rant complete. Now back to the show...

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
That's clickbait headlines working their magic. Nothing spreads fear faster than deliberately misworded headlines... :dry:

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I have a theory that the Internet's development is being controlled by forces who wanted to create a medium that allows Weird Al Yankovic to thrive for many decades...

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
Cool thing of the day for me, seeing an orange moon rise whilst driving this evening, I'll see if my dash cam got a good still.

Edit.

After reviewing footage, its not that good quality.

Last edited:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
The word dongle really bugs me.