Humor Random Comments Thread

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Note to all prospective aircraft mechanics: When the teacher has the whole class do dye penetrant inspections at the same time with the aerosol-type dye... don't breathe that stuff. I'm still coughing several hours later.

---------- Post added at 22:36 ---------- Previous post was at 21:31 ----------

Oh, and don't wear a light colored shirt, either... my white shirt is now speckled with red.

I don't mind that, of course: it's already grease and oil stained from the engine I've been working on. But others may not be so willing to deal with that. ;)

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Wife to Son: Do you want to play for a bit more, or do you want to go to bed?
Son: Yes.
My Brain: ClassCast exception: Expected String, got Boolean.

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
The question however still allows for both! She asked OR not XOR :p

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Wife to Son: Do you want to play for a bit more, or do you want to go to bed?
Son: Yes.
More like rate mismatch - he processed the question and sent the answer to the speech engine before the second part was said. So it's "yes, wanna play more".

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The question however still allows for both! She asked OR not XOR

True that... I hate runtime type resolution! :lol:

he processed the question and sent the answer to the speech engine before the second part was said. So it's "yes, wanna play more".

There was ample time between question and answer. I think he was too tired to really understand anymore, at least he went to bed without resistance and fell asleep pretty quickly :lol:

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
Crossed my fingers and started digging up my potato patch yesterday - about 12 lbs and I only dug up about a third of the patch (entire patch is ~3m by 4m). Mark Whatney would be proud. A very good haul.

I wondered whether if society ended whether I could rely on my own potatoes for food for the entire year. Doing the math, the answer is 'YES', but I'd basically need to tear up my whole lawn and devote it all to potato plants. The fact that this would mean that I'd never have to mow again makes this tempting.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
:lol:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-qHo7YT4w8"]Тетрис на Газель Некст секретная функция от разработчиков ) - YouTube[/ame]

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Blind Guardian seem to have pushed their entire remastered discography to Spotify over the weekend :blink: :woohoo:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Blind Guardian seem to have pushed their entire remastered discography to Spotify over the weekend :blink: :woohoo:

Damn, I hope Gamma Ray also does it. Getting the "Land Of The Free" album is currently limited to patrolling garage sales.

(Except the latest album, I also already have all Blind Guardian stuff already at home and in my car...)

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Ouch. I'd say have fun, but I know it's going to be nothing of the sort.

Perhaps "good luck" is more in order?

Oh, and don't forget to make the ritual offering to the automotive gods... It does make things easier. :lol:

Linguofreak

Reaction score
KSP has taught me a very interesting principle of, er, high-g maneuvering:

The shorter the timeframe in which structural failure occurs, the longer the timeframe for the aircraft to return to the ground.

Full stick defections at Mach 3 near sea level may or may not have been involved.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So the database explodes just while I'm listening to Blind Guardians Tommyknockers? Seriously?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
So the database explodes just while I'm listening to Blind Guardians Tommyknockers? Seriously?

Yes. Would you prefered "Welcome to dying?" when it is about your DBMS? Luckily you can listen to "Traveller in Time" while searching the backup.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
I'm afraid I don't follow... How does a prompt breakup slow down your descent?

Prompt breakup > large forces involved > lots of energy dumped into the airframe > little pieces, wafting gently on the wind

Lower-energy breakup > aircraft plunges to the ground in two or three large chunks.

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
Ouch. I'd say have fun, but I know it's going to be nothing of the sort.

Perhaps "good luck" is more in order?

Oh, and don't forget to make the ritual offering to the automotive gods... It does make things easier. :lol:

Challenging but not horrible, no major hiccups. 95% disassembly, 5% re-assembly, as usual.

I got the driver side shaft out (the long one - the differential is on the passenger side of the car). I realized that by taking the shaft out that I could access my rear engine mount pretty easily, so I took a detour and pulled that all out and put the new one that I had, so all my motor and transmission mounts are now done. Getting the new axle shaft seal in was a challenge until I realized that my 32 mm socket fit onto it perfectly, so I was finally able to tap that in. Popped the shaft in and reassembled that side and called it a day. The passenger side is much easier to access so (knock on wood) that should be do-able Thursday after work.

The only thing I am doubting right now is the differential oil. I lost a bit replacing the seal, but I am 99.9% certain this is a transaxle and so there is no differential oil, just the common ATF. It should be apparent when I get it down on the ground and check the ATF level, but I'd like to make 100% sure that I don't go driving on a dry differential.