Humor Random Comments Thread

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Anybody around here who watched the "Salyut 7" movie and can give a short review - is it worth getting the BluRay thats coming out this month?

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Anybody around here who watched the "Salyut 7" movie and can give a short review - is it worth getting the BluRay thats coming out this month?
In short? Horrifyingly bad, and not in the "so bad it's good" direction.
It got a few cool scenes, however.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

Okay. :lol: Didn't even notice it running in a few German cinemas, thus only very few reviews to compare here.

Matias Saibene

Developing and CMakin'
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar

I have not even seen the trailer, but knowing that the space station Salyut 7 ended up crashing in Argentina:shifty: (and in the Argentina of the 90's:leaving:), I imagine it must be a horror movie.
Bah, anyone from our country would tell you that this, or that moment, of our history was bad. The conclusion: they are all bad.

*slips and falls down the stairs to The Basement*

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I have not even seen the trailer, but knowing that the space station Salyut 7 ended up crashing in Argentina:shifty: (and in the Argentina of the 90's:leaving:), I imagine it must be a horror movie.
Bah, anyone from our country would tell you that this, or that moment, of our history was bad. The conclusion: they are all bad.

*slips and falls down the stairs to The Basement*

Come on, you also lost a war against Britain, but have more football world champion titles than they have. It could be worse. :cheers:

steph

Reaction score
Well, I thought this would belong to the Basement, but it's too funny and lighthearted. An acquiantance of mine is, apparently, a flat-earther. A very convinced one, none the less, which is weird, since he's otherwise a pretty respectable guy. So I asked him how would the Coriolis force would work on a flat earth. He said that it's just random air currents , and the opposite directions of rotation are just an illusion, since, if earth were transparent and you'd look down to the southern hemisphere, you'd see the cyclones spinning clockwise :lol:

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Steph, don't engage with conspiracy theorists. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. :rofl:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
and the opposite directions of rotation are just an illusion, since, if earth were transparent and you'd look down to the southern hemisphere, you'd see the cyclones spinning clockwise :lol:
Are you sure he is not just a troll?

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Are you sure he is not just a troll?

I'm fond of the phrase "never underestimate stupidity" but I refuse to believe that so many people are dumb enough to believe the Earth is flat. A significant portion of them must be trolls.

Then again, history is replete with masses of stupid people...

Linguofreak

Reaction score
And OF itself is about 10 years old. It's hard to believe we've left the M6 forums so far behind.

Er, well, it's hard to believe in the "remember when?" sense. In the "does this service have even one nine of uptime" sense, it is hard to believe we tolerated M6 as long as we did.

Here's to the next decade being even better. :cheers:

Matias Saibene

Developing and CMakin'
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
Here's to the next decade being even better. :cheers:

And the progress that add-ons developers have made, and especially martins with the development of Orbiter, is impressive.

moon3_new.jpg

Oh, and this also looks beautiful:
file

Cover%20Pic.jpg

0083.jpg

... among many other excellent projects that are currently being developed, and for which, rivers of electronic ink run in the forum.

:cheers: and remember :hailprobe:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
My lunch is so frozen it'll start singing "let it go" any moment... :facepalm:

:rofl::rofl:

The kind of joke where you notice, which co-workers have daughters and which don't....

steph

Reaction score
I seem to have the bad habit of putting most of the meat-related stuff in the freezer. You can't imagine the horror of coming home, aching for some fries with bacon, and discovering that the bacon cubes are frozen solid. Sure, it's fryable nonetheless, but it makes those loud popping sounds and you have to cover the pan if you don't want to spray the whole kitchen with oil.

In other news, you know a band is good when you hear a new song of theirs and you think it's from their early albums and start wondering how the hell you haven't heard it before . yup, The Red and Black from Maiden. Though I'm subjective here, they were the first metal band I ever listened to (more like devoured any album of theirs that I could get my hands on) .Sure, they've had style changes, but they still manage to sound unmistakable.

Last edited: