Humor Random Comments Thread

Linguofreak

Reaction score
I kind of like the Idea, but will have to see how it pans out.

Better than I'd expected. The parts I was most disappointed with lay in the handling of material from the Hobbit proper. Except for* gur jubyr guvat jvgu Nmbt punfvat gurz npebff gur pbhagelfvqr. Svefg bs nyy, jul jnf vg arprffnel gb unir nal bep puvrsgnva jvgu n tehqtr punfvat gurz npebff gur pbhagelfvqr va gur svefg cynpr? Frpbaqyl, pbhyqa'g gurl unir whfg unq Gubeva *xvyy* Nmbt va gur onggyr ng gur tngrf bs Zbevn (n zber zvabe qrcnegher sebz pnaba guna jung gurl qvq) naq unq uvf fba Obyt (jub npghnyyl jnf nyvir ng gur gvzr bs Gur Uboovg naq va snpg nccrnerq va gur obbx) punfvat gur cnegl qbja bire n "lbh xvyyrq zl sngure, cercner gb qvr" tehqtr?

*Spoilers encoded in [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rot13"]ROT13[/ame].

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
damn it! :lol:

Nope. "qnza vg!" . . .

;)

Now. A thought of actual relevance: I've noticed it's startling how people think you're saying something vaguely important if you walk into a room, mutter incoherently under your breath, and throw in an angry cuss-word or two for good measure. And then immediately turn around and leave.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Birthday successfully followed Murphy's law. Hoping today and Christmas will be better.

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
I just noticed that O-F post #400000 is coming very soon (we are now at #398009 and counting)! Anyone on course to grab it? :p

MattBaker

Reaction score
Mojoey probably started calculating when it'll happen and based his sleep shift on this time:hmm:

MattBaker

Reaction score
If you mouse over the "n_th-post in the thread counter" (or however you call it) and look at the place where your browser shows you the address of the link you've moused over it says like "http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?p=398019&postcount=9687".
First number is the total post number here on this board, second one in this thread.
The number on the front page is probably all posts that are still visible (not deleted) while each post gets a new, unique number.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
each post gets a new, unique number.
That's auto incremented number.

If you however want to start a challenge to grab the postid=400000, we can alter the AUTO_INCREMENT of the posts table to 400001 anytime, so there will be no such hunt. :p

MattBaker

Reaction score
Then you didn't understand Rule #1 of a higher power: Never use your power in a way contradictary to the usual rules.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Never use your power in a way contradictary to the usual rules.
I don't see any contradiction to usual rules in updating the AUTO_INCREMENT counter, to prevent pointless excessive posting to gain nothing but posting the post with a couple of zeros in its id (and probably to earn a warning for excessive posting, too :p). You see it there? :shrug:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
This just came across on my daughter's Christmas station on Pandora. I think you'll all recognize the melody...

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

My brain is currently finding a curious interest in the difference between 'an other' and 'another'?

An other implies a different one. Another implies an additional one. My take on it anyway...

MattBaker

Reaction score
I don't see any contradiction to usual rules in updating the AUTO_INCREMENT counter, to prevent pointless excessive posting to gain nothing but posting the post with a couple of zeros in its id (and probably to earn a warning for excessive posting, too :p). You see it there? :shrug:

Well, that would be like having STS-215 and the next mission is STS-254, while all the other missions will not be flown, somehow strange.
(I hope you don't change the post counter into Hex now like NASA changed the nomenclature of Shuttle missions for some time)

HazMatt

Reaction score
I landed on the Moon!!!

I'm sure it's easy for all of you, but this was my first time to fly from KSC to Brighton Beach. Wooo Hooo !

MattBaker

Reaction score
When I searched for the definition of Sibiria I learned about the federal division of Russia and this bothers me:
Where you would expect "Central Russia" to be (first one).
Where it really is (second one).

Either Russians have a weird definition of central, they declared the most important part as central, this division was made 500 years ago or someone had to much Vodka.

edit: great when the post adding does not work, double posts for the win!

Attachments

• Expectation.jpg
    Expectation.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Reality.jpg
    Reality.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 12

sorindafabico

Reaction score
We don't even reach 39° on the Fahrenheit scale...

Get a warm shower (yes, warm) or put a wet towel on your face, I usually do this during summer.

In daytime, even with the shower turned off the water flows warm :p

We'll have rain tomorrow. Temperatures are expected to fall from 35-40ºC to 18-23ºC :blink:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Christmas present from my best friend & his wife (It's called "The Legend of Jayne"):
picture.php