Humor Random Comments Thread

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
1.4# porterhouse steak, seasoned with Morton season-all and pan-fried. It's on the menu tonight. :love:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
PROCRASTINATEdalekdrwhotshirt.jpeg

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Been watching a lot of Vocaloid videos lately, and I can see why Pipcard likes Miku so much:thumbup:
I'm developing more of an affinity for Luka Megurine though.

In either case, I apologize in advance if this sounds creepy, but :eek:hsnap::hitit:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I'd rather meet up with all the girls from SNSD (all nine of them). They can sing, dance, and they're like... real.

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
In other news, anyone here shares my view that instant noodles is the best thing (err food invention) since sliced bread? :p

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
As an Asian, of East Asian descent at that, I have to say that I have much to dislike about the new "hallyu-wave" where "idols" group of dancers and singers dominates the east asian musical landscape, they strike me as lacking individuality there, making the illusion that talents can be mass-produced, and much more uniformity, especially when they are not singing as a Vocal Group, like the The Manhattan Transfer is. Although I have certain likings to Korean and Japanese single vocals and bands, they have unique styles found nowhere else, full of originality and stuff, especially the Japanese. And that said, rather than hanging out with one of the SNSD, I'll rather go back in time and meet a young Lisa Ono at a bar :p

Then again with the rise of manda-jazz in the recent years, I would perhaps take a liking towards a certain piece of my ancestral land, cantopop is definitely the best that can be heard from the former middle kingdom, but I'd rather see some other style supersede that one, although the current state of manda-pop is just horrible, I can't listen to any single one of them without changing the channel even ones from the classics like Teresa Teng :/

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

In other news, anyone here shares my view that instant noodles is the best thing (err food invention) since sliced bread? :p

Student's best friend, they are known of here :cheers:

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
As an Asian, of East Asian descent at that, I have to say that I have much to dislike about the new "hallyu-wave" where "idols" group of dancers and singers dominates the east asian musical landscape, they strike me as lacking individuality there, making the illusion that talents can be mass-produced, and much more uniformity, especially when they are not singing as a Vocal Group, like the The Manhattan Transfer is. Although I have certain likings to Korean and Japanese single vocals and bands, they have unique styles found nowhere else, full of originality and stuff, especially the Japanese. And that said, rather than hanging out with one of the SNSD, I'll rather go back in time and meet a young Lisa Ono at a bar :p

Then again with the rise of manda-jazz in the recent years, I would perhaps take a liking towards a certain piece of my ancestral land, cantopop is definitely the best that can be heard from the former middle kingdom, but I'd rather see some other style supersede that one, although the current state of manda-pop is just horrible, I can't listen to any single one of them without changing the channel even ones from the classics like Teresa Teng :/

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Student's best friend, they are known of here :cheers:

Well let's say that during my recent visits to Japan I tried at all costs to avoid AKB48 as much as I did to good old Hello Kitty. :rofl: But then again those Japanese dance groups are no match against the Koreans......

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
But then again those Japanese dance groups are no match against the Koreans......

So true. My girlfriend showed me some Korean pop a while back, and it was...impressive. I'm not really sure what other adjective to ascribe to it, except maybe 'crazy.' In a good way. Maybe. :hide:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
So true. My girlfriend showed me some Korean pop a while back, and it was...impressive. I'm not really sure what other adjective to ascribe to it, except maybe 'crazy.' In a good way. Maybe. :hide:

Opan Gangnam style?

Well, I am rather Johnson style there. :tiphat:

Also... I am soo old... A class mate once pretended to be from the schools newspaper and got an interview by N-Sync that way. :facepalm:

But then, there is one constant in the universe of my kitchen...

RAMEN! :lol:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Had that last night, and probably will again today. It's so damn cheap and easy.

Combine standard chicken flavor ramen with good chili paste (stay away from tabasco), add some other stuff... and you have quite a meal in less than 10 minutes. :lol:

I always have about ten packs in my kitchen - especially for emergency. As long as I can find a suitable fireplace, I can have Ramen.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
A lot of my friends are always hating on ramen noodles. I for one think they're great. And, with my budget being squeezed lately, I foresee needing to buy some this week as a meal option.

I'll have to try the chili paste, that sounds like it would be good. :thumbup:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Ramen is the best kind of noodle.

I wouldn't go so far...

When I need something quick: Ramen.
When I have time for shopping after work: Something based on Tortellini. Rarely takes more than 20 minutes.
When I have lots of time: Lasagne.

Properly done Lasagne... without my little pony in it.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
My favorite kind of noodle: the foam pool noodle, especially when moving at high speed towards your friend's head. :p

---------- Post added at 09:52 ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 ----------

And now, a Public Service Announcement from the Meteorology Department...

"Today's forecast: Mostly sunny, with a chance of cumulobadass in the vicinity of the air show..."

*ROAR*
WOWC_IFUSA_16.jpg

:cheers:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I wouldn't go so far...

When I need something quick: Ramen.
When I have time for shopping after work: Something based on Tortellini. Rarely takes more than 20 minutes.
When I have lots of time: Lasagne.

Properly done Lasagne... without my little pony in it.
Lasagna/lasagne is cool, too. I also like macaroni & cheese, and chicken alfredo.