Humor Random Comments Thread

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
One of my pet peeves: seeing fitness dictators say that you should have less than 2 hours of "screen time" per day or else YOU'LL BE OBESE!

I spend almost half the day in front of a screen and I am just slightly overweight... What you do in your time off screen matters. And you are what you eat.

And drink. Let me have too much Cola and I inflate. Let me have no Cola at all and I loose weight rapidly...

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I can confirm. It isn't working for me either.

Random calculation with it:

Mission Performance:
Launch Vehicle: Ariane 5 ECA w/medium fairing
Launch Site: Guiana Space Center (Kourou)
Destination Orbit: 225 x 250 km, 54 deg
Estimated Payload: 20508 kg
95% Confidence Interval: 17530 - 23918 kg

So it works well for me.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm thinking about showing up at the anual technical check for my car with only a single wheel, just to see how much trouble it would be to get it registered... or how much I'd have to bribe :shifty:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I'm thinking about showing up at the anual technical check for my car with only a single wheel, just to see how much trouble it would be to get it registered... or how much I'd have to bribe :shifty:

:lol: Don't try this in Germany. My technical check is this year... maybe the final one for my car.

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Buy a Shuttle PB ! :lol:

MattBaker

Reaction score
I spend almost half the day in front of a screen and I am just slightly overweight... What you do in your time off screen matters. And you are what you eat.

At least 6 hours per day infront of a screen...underweight.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
From here

there’s as yet no good economic reason, and very few scientific reasons, for people in low Earth orbit. Without the additional boost to nationalist pride that the 1960s USSR, 1960s USA, and 2000s China felt to be valuable, a manned space program in the late 20th century and early 21st produces poor returns that bring out the budgetary knives when a country’s economy hits some bumps. It’s no coincidence that the ESA and Japan’s best efforts towards manned spacecraft took place in the salad days of the late 80s and early 90s.
I'm so glad we have fictional space programs that don't have to worry as much about these things.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Pip: If you dont mind me asking, what diagram is that in your sig?

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Pip: If you dont mind me asking, what diagram is that in your sig?
They represent configurations for a fictional rocket family that is mostly based off the H-IIA (including the cancelled "H-IIA Heavy" configurations).

I might develop it, but not at the current moment.

Last edited:

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
It's 3 in the morning and I'm still designing ramjets. I should be done by 8.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Wolfsburg, Munich, Stuttgart and Freiburg are in the semifinals for the German national football cup... and I have ordered my new notebook. Lots of fun to come...

Configuration as ordered: 15.6" display, i7-3610QM CPU, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, 128 GB SSD, Geforce GTX 670MX GPU (1.5 GB).

Should do the job for SSU for this year. Hopefully the increase in geometry can be slowed down and it lasts also a second year. :rolleyes:

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
For some reason I have a feeling that a German team will win this year's UEFA Champions League....... (last year I guessed Chelsea FC before the group stages..... though the reasons were completely different from what I thought) :crystalball2:

MattBaker

Reaction score
First time since 06/07 that only First League teams are in the semifinals.
Since back then a team won that was relegated in the next season I'm going with Wolfsburg:p

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
First time since 06/07 that only First League teams are in the semifinals.
Since back then a team won that was relegated in the next season I'm going with Wolfsburg:p

At least we would be playing international then. :lol:

And avoid the civil war like scenes that would happen next season, when Wolfsburg plays against the neighboring Braunschweig, that is expected to enter first League next season. Wolfsburg-Hannover is already bad... Wolfsburg-Braunschweig would be bad... Braunschweig-Hannover is in the best tradition of German-French military history. :facepalm:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
9 hours per day infront of a screen....and i'm not even under or overweight.

Nine or more hours in front of a screen daily, as well. No significant excercise while away from the compter, too (at least not during winter.) Still underweight.

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
I am very pessimistic that SpaceX/Dragon/Falcon will beat Justin Bieber as the most popular keyword on Twitter today - turns out that today's his 19th birthday...... :uhh:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Justin Bieber is only 19? Oh wait... I was thinking about Justin Wilson, that cajun chef (really miss that guy).
My daughter liked Justin Beiber for a little while, I'm thinking about 4.5 miliiseconds. She's currently hung up on Justin Timberlake now that he's apparantly available again.

Yeah it's sad that the only way that SpaceX could match Bieber is that if Bieber were to be a part of SpaceX's webcast/twitter feed.

I think I may start spelling that kids name wrong (on purpose). From now, until the end of time, he shall forever be known to me as Justin Bibber.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I am very pessimistic that SpaceX/Dragon/Falcon will beat Justin Bieber as the most popular keyword on Twitter today
Is it that much relevant what is most popular on Twitter?

I don't have a Twitter account, so I may be missing something. :shrug:

I "follow" some of Twitter users with RSS feeds instead.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Is it that much relevant what is most popular on Twitter?

I don't have a Twitter account, so I may be missing something. :shrug:

As important as the behavior of a hibernating rodent on second february.

Justin Timberlake is really the better choice compared to Justin Bieber - Somebody who can survive a current show of "Wetten Dass" without mental damage is really impressive. It takes a Dalai Lama to get through this misery.

I also have no Twitter account... I might have followers if I would. And that should be better avoided, for the sake of mankind.