Humor Random Comments Thread

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
LOL, great easter egg in the Google Image Search function... just search for "atari breakout" in it with recent browser...

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
just search for "atari breakout" in it with recent browser...
Just a little note, search for it without quotes (I was wondering why it didn't work for me). :p

MattBaker

Reaction score
If a tree falls on a Moon and no one is standing on the ground to hear it, does it make a sound?

The question is not does it make a sound, nor is anyone around to hear it, but how did the tree got there in the first place.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
The question is not does it make a sound, nor is anyone around to hear it, but how did the tree got there in the first place.

It was probably left there when the Judoon transported Royal Hope Hospital back to Earth.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
how did the tree got there in the first place.
Someone fired a portal gun at the Moon as a joke, and got sucked in with a few nearby trees when the joke turned out deadly?

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Buzz Aldrin's Race Into Space

bkEswzR.jpg

The XMS-2 Minishuttle has no equal to earn prestige points. The weakness is that you have to use a Titan /w SRMs that is a pretty deadly combo until well flight-proven. And the lowest-end (and cheapest) Centaur stage aka "Kicker-A booster", that can let you stranded around the Moon...

Well, of course, with money and a Saturn-V or Nova, those problems are solved :)

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
If a man argues in a forest and his wife isn't around to hear him, is he still wrong?

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
If a man argues in a forest and his wife isn't around to hear him, is he still wrong?

If she didn't hear him, then as far as she's concerned, he agreed with everything she said, and that makes it wrong to be upset with her for following through with what she planned/decided.

So, yes.

MattBaker

Reaction score
The XMS-2 Minishuttle has no equal to earn prestige points. The weakness is that you have to use a Titan /w SRMs that is a pretty deadly combo until well flight-proven. And the lowest-end (and cheapest) Centaur stage aka "Kicker-A booster", that can let you stranded around the Moon...

My problem is always that you need to gather prestige points regularly from the beginning on and the XMS-2 is too expensive to start its program right after the Explorer and Mercury (which is my usual kind of playing, Explorer->Mercury->Gemini).
And since you need a Saturn V AND an XMS-2 to use it reliable and with enough payload for docking mechanisms or upper stages I always see that option as too expensive.

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
An idiot to be sure, but is it fair to say that a sufficiently powerful laser would melt the glass of a mirror?
PS: Can you please link me to that comment? I'd love to slap another down vote on it:)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
An idiot to be sure, but is it fair to say that a sufficiently powerful laser would melt the glass of a mirror?
PS: Can you please link me to that comment? I'd love to slap another down vote on it:)

It would rather melt everything of a mirror at enough power :D After all, a mirror only reflects the wavelengths, it is designed for.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It depends on a lot of factors, but generally, he is right about a mirror being somewhat ineffective as a laser defense. It'd have to be an absolutely perfect mirror, which doesn't exist. If it would exist, you could also make a laser by using a perfect mirror, which's power would only be limited by the power you are able to supply. It stands to reason that any laser can always beat a "defense mirror" of same quality if it has the necessary power, since it can deliver the photons onto a much smaller area than it uses to focus the beam. Hence if you tax a mirror to the max, a defending mirror with the same properties will always be defeated. Sure, with a perfect mirror, the maximum power you can put into the beam is infinity, but mathematically it still works out. Since a perfect mirror is just as hypothetical as infinite power, we might as well think it to the end...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Much better as Laser defense would be smoke screens and ablative protection.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Or sharks - sharks with laaaay zerrrrs.