Humor Random Comments Thread

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Well, if you do it to NASA requirements, sure, it'll take that long. If we just knuckle down and start cutting metal, instead of getting bogged down in red tape, we could get it done faster.

Think of how Apollo was run. A similar mission goal today (Constellation) never made it very far before being cancelled because it took too long. 15 years? Pffft. It'll get cancelled in 8. Do it quickly, so there's too much momentum for the next administration to kill it.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Well, if you do it to NASA requirements, sure, it'll take that long. If we just knuckle down and start cutting metal, instead of getting bogged down in red tape, we could get it done faster.

Don't make me quote Feynmann on that please.

Think of how Apollo was run. A similar mission goal today (Constellation) never made it very far before being cancelled because it took too long. 15 years? Pffft. It'll get cancelled in 8. Do it quickly, so there's too much momentum for the next administration to kill it.

Apollo costs are $170 billion in modern US dollars. The related projects had been running for 14 years from 1959 to 1973.

The simple truth is: No administration kills a well-running program. But once it does not run well, it is vulnerable.

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
:blink:
We could send a manned mission to Mars in four to five years on that budget!

If it were for American Military Budget we could send a manned mission to Mars in the next launch window.

---------- Post added at 20:46 ---------- Previous post was at 20:43 ----------

Maybe if we'll fake a report about some petrol... sorry, the lack of democracy on Mars...:hmm:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Maybe if we'll fake a report about some petrol... sorry, the lack of democracy on Mars...:hmm:

Don't let them know that Titan has megatons of hydrocarbons.

Athena

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen
Reaction score
I recently started playing DF after a year...oh, the nostalgia...

And i also channeled the bloody reason why i'm scared of heights while putting up flags at the "high" walkrails outside the school buildings which where around 27 meters at their highest point. :blush:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Just got the news that only 0.9% of my work hours this year is not already allocated for customers... Pretty high load again, considering that November is coming near.

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
Just got the news that only 0.9% of my work hours this year is not already allocated for customers... Pretty high load again, considering that November is coming near.

You mean you can't take a couple of days off if you need it?:idk:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
You mean you can't take a couple of days off if you need it?:idk:

Not a single day more than already planned at the beginning of the year = 19th December is the final day of work this year.

I can still become ill - but it would mean that contracts planned to be finished this year would slip into next year and I make a few enemies at the controlling department.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Hm? I wasn't aware of a related Feynmann quote.
Was it something he said regarding Challenger?

Exactly:

"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled."

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
A few shots from the climb out of Denver International yesterday on the way to Las Vegas for SAP TechEd 2013.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sitting on the taxiway in Vegas, awaiting clearance to the gate, I look left and....Konami!
picture.php

It's Vegas Baby!
picture.php

First time flying on a '37. This was a 737-700 (both legs were, actually. Different planes but same model). A graceful bird, even landing fully loaded in the thinner air of Denver. One of the smoothest landings I've ever experienced.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Saw a diagram related to vector mappings, and... I couldnt help myself :lol:

jtgN1gG.jpg

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Please. If I've learned anything from Top Gear it's that his lander is gonna be this:

top-gear-reliant-robin-crash-o.gif

and on that bombshell :D

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I can still become ill - but it would mean that contracts planned to be finished this year would slip into next year and I make a few enemies at the controlling department.

Welcome in the world of liberalistic capitalism ;)