Humor Random Comments Thread

MeDiCS

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
*witty random comment about one's broken leg

Lunar_Lander

Reaction score
I was just searching the flight report no. 9 of Andrée's balloon Svea which I had packed somewhere because I ran out of punch pockets.

Now I looked into that Siemens-sponsored backpack we once got at a class trip to the Hannover Messe, because I saw that brown envelope in there. I pull it out, look inside...and find the flight reports 4 to 9 which I have looked for half a year before re-ordering them (for 26 euros) :(.

(I had put the Flight reports 1 to 3 into their pockets and then stowed awar 4 to 9. When I had new pockets, I couldn't find them anymore, so I reordered them and got them filed, except for 9)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
On saturday morning (during return from party) I broke my heel. I've just returned from hospital after surgery. And now I have 30 day vacation :D

Loru in hospital

Yikes, what did you do? Didn't know that casts are still done, my daughter just got the arm taped after some titan bars for stabilization had been put into the broken bones.

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
Getting kind of sentimental - here's a video from an Atari retro party at which I attended:

At 0:43, on the right of the green monitor, you can see the "SIO2SD" device, which can read SD cards and passes the data right to an Atari box :) These guys also make their own joysticks and even PS2 to Atari ST mouse adapters. I had a great fun there.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Yikes, what did you do? Didn't know that casts are still done, my daughter just got the arm taped after some titan bars for stabilization had been put into the broken bones.

Well. This is complicated break, so surgeon put some wires and "Intramedullary rod" to stabilize heel.
Cast is for keeping my leg in one position during healing process. Well the cast is only on the front size of leg - back is only taped with bandage to allow dressing change and control.
Unfortunatelly my scanner isn't big enough to scan tomograph photo but my heel broke into 3 parts.

And I broke it when was I running for a bus, jumped about 6 or 7 steps downstairs and landed - well just wrong. The hardest thing was crawling out to the street level to call an ambulance. And most weird thing in this story is that I was completely sober :(

Last edited:

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
And I broke it when was I running for a bus, jumped about 6 or 7 steps downstairs and landed - well just wrong. The hardest thing was crawling out to the street level to call an ambulance. And most weird thing in this story is that I was completely sober :(

Weel hope you learned a lesson. If you're going to get injured, you might as well be sauced first.

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
have i pitched in yet?

guess not...

my randomingz...

i need sleep...
currently keeping my GF company via Skype... she's held up at work
i still need sleep...
i can't really take that twitter thing seriously...
...this thread however... makes much more sense
not that i, or my GF, use twitter at all...

Skype is really cool...

...i still need sleep...

i haz workz tomorrow... them flash games don't make themselves...

which is funny... i get home tired from making games all day and sit back to relax making addons for Orbiter...

well... orbiter ain't a "game", it's a SIM...

yeah, that works... i'll go with that :blink:

this thread is funny

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I've just returned from my X-Ray control and leg is healing at good rate. Only four weeks till removal of those metal rods and cast.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
And I broke it when was I running for a bus, jumped about 6 or 7 steps downstairs and landed - well just wrong.

Aw, that is really bad luck. I did the same at school, often just for the fun of it, my record had been 10 steps in a single leap, or jumping down from 5m high (into sand though). in the worst case just exploit all five contact zones and land smooth as a cat... those had been days when my body was as agile as my mind...

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Never wear fire for a hat.

Lunar_Lander

Reaction score
A puzzling picture

Two days ago I was able to photograph this at night:

imag0021pe.jpg

Any suggestions?

Lunar_Lander

Reaction score
The Solution of the riddle ;)! Yes, Loru was right when he saw a structure behind the lights after gamma shifting:

imag0024vy.jpg

Congratulations! You all have passed the test as you did not shift into a UFO Hype! :)

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
Congratulations! You all have passed the test as you did not shift into a UFO Hype! :)

Yeah, but you said that you had photographed it in the night :)
Besides we all know that UFOs don't exist because we've never touched them ;)

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I like cake.

I play orbiter cuz its fun

I landed on Titan

I killed a UMMU

Peanut butter....

I killed Jeff's dog er.. I mean I played with Jeff's Dog:)

redrum redrum redrum...

Bendarr

Reaction score
The Solution of the riddle ;)! Yes, Loru was right when he saw a structure behind the lights after gamma shifting:

(snip)

You mean it wasn't a photo of the top secret project "Mole 2.5" that was launched in the early 70's being fired upon by the Soviet HAARP network based in Kusneckistan? Bummer. I'll just have to keep on looking then.

(chuckle)