Humor Random Comments Thread

Rtyh-12

Reaction score
I am sad to say that my iconic Fail Shuttle avatar has finally been replaced.

I loved that one, can you please send it to me?

[crying]NOOOOO WHY:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::censored::suicide:[/crying]

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
What would happen if you turned a vacuum cleaner on in space? My guess is either the motor would spin freely and burn up in a short time due to lack of air resistance, or it would lock up instantly since the lube oil would freeze.

Thoughts?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
What would happen if you turned a vacuum cleaner on in space? My guess is either the motor would spin freely and burn up in a short time due to lack of air resistance, or it would lock up instantly since the lube oil would freeze.

It would over-speed and overheat, just like if you plug the vacuum cleaner head.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It would over-speed and overheat, just like if you plug the vacuum cleaner head.
Or rig one into an industrial-sized plug with coat hangars and solder. For science, of course. :shifty:

(Actually, when I did that it didn't overspeed, it just fried. Oh well.)

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Ah, I just love to land Soyuz at unusal places and look at the results in Google Earth. Today I aimed for Peenemünde and ended up on a beach in Poland, less than 10 metres away wrom the water.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Some of you may know I'm in band at my school. Well we have a freshman trumpet player named Drew. His little brother Zach is 7 years old and has a terrible rare disease called Myleo-dysplastic Syndrome (MDS). He's having to get a bone marrow transplant and has had MANY chemo treatments. People from band are donating toys to him, and money to his parents who will spend weeks with him at Texas Children's Hospital. We're having a big event to raise money in a couple weeks. I've just been getting people to add him on facebook to get to know him and help spread the word to support him and his family. If anyone would like to get to know him or just let him know you're praying for him, you can find Zachary's facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001736049622

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Capslock day? But... but I have no caps lock key...

I feel so... left out... excluded... isolated...

I see how it is now. :(

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
orbiter is now available as a boardgame, too.

HighFrontierCoverTopxport.jpg

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Oh my god... n-tv (a German CNN-like station) selected Deine Lakaien as music for their world views segment... usually the realm of absolute mainstream...

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I sense a media attack coming up the road... :dry:

[sarcasm]Their planes are unsafe! They explode and cause spontaneous medical emergencies! Burn them![/sarcasm]

IgnoreThisBarrel

Local Pastafarian Missionary
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I sense a media attack coming up the road... :dry:

[sarcasm]Their planes are unsafe! They explode and cause spontaneous medical emergencies! Burn them![/sarcasm]
Ah the media... to quote The Cosmic Grid in this month's Astronomy magazine, "A high-ranking member of the Kepler satellite mission potentially leaks information to the press, making us at Astronomy feel like typical journalists for once."

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Handshake/Hi-Five FAIL

This is a classic moment. Most of us have been there, right?

Project manager Tim Larson, left, and deputy project manager Don Sweetnam celebrate as the first images from the NASA Deep Impact spacecraft that passed within 435 miles (700 kilometers) of the Comet Hartley 2 are seen for the first time, at mission control at Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif., Thursday, Nov. 4, 2010

Attachments

• HiFive FAIL.jpg
    HiFive FAIL.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 19