Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Streetview went live in germany.

This blur is not a problem with your eyes, but with many million German Facebook users not wanting you to see how ugly their house looks like.

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
Guis, please stop the /b/-eification of Orbiter Forum.

Or at least this thread.
Okay.png

Okay

Darren

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I wonder, behind all this text posted on the internet that we assume being done by humans and robots, how many parrots are pecking on the keyboards happy to be taken as equals to us?

Intelligence out of context, manifested by it's interaction with a set of computers.

For all we know, there could be disembodied voices of beings stuck etched in subspace, computer viruses gone carefully sentient and exercising extreme curiosity about the world the net is embedded in that they can't even comprehend, historians from 3000AD inducing currents in our wires with their time machines and observing the archives change, and god knows who else, himself included.

Pyromaniac605

Reaction score
I wonder, behind all this text posted on the internet that we assume being done by humans and robots, how many parrots are pecking on the keyboards happy to be taken as equals to us?

Intelligence out of context, manifested by it's interaction with a set of computers.

For all we know, there could be disembodied voices of beings stuck etched in subspace, computer viruses gone carefully sentient and exercising extreme curiosity about the world the net is embedded in that they can't even comprehend, historians from 3000AD inducing currents in our wires with their time machines and observing the archives change, and god knows who else, himself included.
Hey, calm down. You just offended my band of trained typing parrots.
They aren't too happy about it either.

Darren

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I should write a book: Learning C++ well enough to get laid.

It'd be a bit hit...

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Fail of the day: It's started snowing here in Soviet Canuckistan (a bit late, though paradoxically it was unseasonably cold today) so we got the wood furnace going in the new house for the first time. There happens to be a hardwired smoke alarm just outside the firebox. Guess what I spent the afternoon listening to? :facepalm:

IgnoreThisBarrel

Local Pastafarian Missionary
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Fail of the day: It's started snowing here in Soviet Canuckistan (a bit late, though paradoxically it was unseasonably cold today) so we got the wood furnace going in the new house for the first time. There happens to be a hardwired smoke alarm just outside the firebox. Guess what I spent the afternoon listening to? :facepalm:
Hehe. Soviet Canuckistan.

I would have just pretended it was a DGIV warning of overheating hull temperatures.

Pyromaniac605

Reaction score
HULL TEMP REACHING CRITICAL LEV- :lol:

Darren

IgnoreThisBarrel

Local Pastafarian Missionary
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Of course it'd be as if you configured the DGIV so it couldn't be destroyed by critical hull temperatures. AND THE ALARM WILL NEVER STOP.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
See, that's the advantage of low-tech environments. No automatic smoke detectors in bosnia :p (they couldn't work anyways, considering how much the bosnians smoke even if they don't light the fire...)

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It's the darned building code, forcing insensible and pointless 'security' measures designed to be 'operated' by comfortable idiots under nothing less than ideal circumstances, required to be installed by people with no more intelligence than the smoke alarms themselves... There's no more sense here than in Bosnia, I'm sure. Probably less. What's worse, too much padded regulation or not enough? :facepalm:

P.S. How the heck did that turn into a rant? I must need more coffee! :lol:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Of course it'd be as if you configured the DGIV so it couldn't be destroyed by critical hull temperatures. AND THE ALARM WILL NEVER STOP.

*BEEP BEEP* "Warning!" BEEP BEEP "Warning!"

...48 hours later...