Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Look for a guy called sfdebris who reviewed it. Personally I think it was the worst episode of Trek ever made and I can't believe they got away with it.

I also don't remember if the video has swearing in it or not, so be warned, it might.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
It's the darned building code, forcing insensible and pointless 'security' measures designed to be 'operated' by comfortable idiots under nothing less than ideal circumstances, required to be installed by people with no more intelligence than the smoke alarms themselves... There's no more sense here than in Bosnia, I'm sure. Probably less. What's worse, too much padded regulation or not enough? :facepalm:

Reminds me on the university klingons, who wanted to install a smoke detector on top of a CNC lathe.

I would be the last to deny the usefulness of smoke detectors, but you should at least know where to use them.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Head over to youtube and search for Voyager Threshold review. Enjoy

Yap, that sums it up pretty nicely... :lol:

I also don't remember if the video has swearing in it or not, so be warned, it might.

I'm a regular zero punctuation watcher, so it's quite hard to shock me in that respect ;)

Last edited:

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I'm a regular zero punctuation watcher, so it's quite hard to shock me in that respect ;)

As am I, but our forum rules would prohibit linking of the video if it did. :)

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Head over to youtube and search for Voyager Threshold review. Enjoy :lol:

This was hilarious. One of the funniest rips on any show I've seen in a while.

"Yeah, know anything about Quantum Banana Trapeze Wingnuts?"
:rofl:

Wonderer

Reaction score
Just watched "The Right Stuff".I am so gonna go dowload orbiter 2006 and the Mercury addon... tomorrow :cheers:

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
341-is-that-a-tangent-in-your-pocket.png

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
Heute wir machen Christians spezial Pizza. Es komm mit Grape und Ketchup und Wurst und Tomaten und Onianen und Anchoven.

In English: Today we're making Christian's special pizza. It comes with grapes and ketchup and sausage and tomatoes and onions and anchovies.

Last edited:

IgnoreThisBarrel

Local Pastafarian Missionary
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
We just learned about normal lines today in calculus. It's funny how SpikedMath jokes (the ones I understand, anyway) always manage to be about things I just learned. I wonder how long this pattern will remain.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Heute wir machen Christians spezial Pizza. Es komm mit Grape und Ketchup und Wurst und Tomaten und Onianen und Anchoven.

"Heute machen wir Christians spezial-Pizza. Sie ist belegt mit Trauben, Ketchup, Wurst, Tomaten, Zwiebeln und Anchovis." ;) ("it comes with..." is not really translatable to german, you have to use other verbs that fit the context.)

Grapes? on a pizza? sounds like the most awfull thing I've heard since pizza haway was invented :lol:

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

The miracles of bosnian buraucracy...

Me at the cantonal ministry, after futile search for a specific document on the internet: "Hello, I need the rulebook on minimum technical requirements for gastronomical objects."

Cleric: "We don't have that here. Ask in the agricultural association!"

Me: "The... agricultural association? this is about gastronomy"

Cleric: "yes, you should get that there"

Me, not even thinking about stopping by in the agricultural society, at the info desk of the local ministry 15 minutes later: "Hello, I need the rulebook on... aso"

another Cleric: "You'll have to get that in room 33"

Aha! at least someone who seems to know what she's talking about!

Me goes around the building to the other entrance, up to the third floor. Iimmediately see room 39 and room 40. So much for reasonable room numbering. After a bit of searching the second floor, I knock at room 33 and enter.

Me: "Hello, I need the rulebook... aso".

yet another Cleric: "We don't hand that out. It's only for inspectors."

Me: "But... I need to know how I have to prepare the object for inspection!"

Cleric: "We can give you the numbers of the official newsletters in which these regulations were stated, so you can download them from the internet."

Me: "I know the numbers of these newsletters, but they are nowhere on the net!"

Cleric: "I'm afraid I can't help you, then. What kind of gastronomical object is concerned?"

Me: "A fast food."

Cleric: "Why would you even want a rulebook for that? there are no rules concerning that other than there's power, and a toilet nearby."

Me: "What's nearby? "

Cleric: "You'll have to reason with the inspector about that."

Me thinking "great, I wonder how much money the inspector will ask for to classify 500 meters as nearby...", and going home again. I also wonder what he has to say about a cole grill in a room of 2 sqare meters. We'll see. Further episodes are likely to follow while we try to get our first micro-credit and buisness counseling project going.