Humor Random Comments Thread

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Them guys got brass ones... Ain't no way the 'Cruiser is having any part of that!

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I've seen that vid before. Every time I watch it the hair on the back of my legs stands up as my fear of heights kicks in. *shudder*

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
let's add some more thrill :

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I think I've found a fool proof test for insanity...
Meh, ever jumped out of a rickety plane with only a 1960's soviet vintage paratrooper parachute on your back?
It did tear a bit when it opened, but i still only broke one leg.

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
My brother wants to go into that line of work, at least for a while. It's not really fair to call him insane, though. It's something not many people want to do, and it sometimes pays quite well.

Free climbing without any safety lines in any kind of elevated work, is incredibly dangerous and many times, fatal. I'm more calling the fact that he was doing that in several portions of the video insane.

Last edited:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I've seen that vid before. Every time I watch it the hair on the back of my legs stands up as my fear of heights kicks in. *shudder*

Well, at least thats a normal phobia. Ive come to realize recently that mine is actually, talking on the phone. I never claimed to be normal, but...

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Well, at least thats a normal phobia. Ive come to realize recently that mine is actually, talking on the phone. I never claimed to be normal, but...

I'm not sure it's that abnormal. I find many situations involving talking to a stranger on the phone absolutely petrifying.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm not sure it's that abnormal. I find many situations involving talking to a stranger on the phone absolutely petrifying.

Well, for most people its rational, for me not so much. Just normal conversations on the phone agitate me a great deal for some reason.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Same here - I just can't stand it. Reservations, job interviews, anything. If I don't know you, I can't bring myself to call you. Face-to-face is perfectly fine, though.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Same here - I just can't stand it. Reservations, job interviews, anything. If I don't know you, I can't bring myself to call you.

Same here, and it's somewhat of a critical disadvantage in my line of work... Thanks God for email!

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Epic. Win.
248631_10152386513340582_116158262_n.jpg

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
On a whim, I took the kids to the [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerhouse_museum]Powerhouse Museum[/ame] today. I discovered when I arrived that by good fortune Dr Yi So-yeon was giving a talk about her experiences on TMA-12/ISS/TMA-11. Also, by coincidence, we able able to cap the day off with a rare horizon-to-horizon pass of the ISS reaching a peak altitude of 88°.

The ISS solar beta angle is currently pretty close to maximum so there should be plenty of good viewing opportunities for those that are interested.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Being an introvert allows me to care about humanity and despise human beings simultaneously.

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
True story:

I was watching the 2003 film version of the third part of LOTR in my college library today, and just as it reached the exact moment that good old Gollum grabbed that ring thingy at Mount Doom and made the slight mistake of tripping over and before hitting the lava.......

....... the DVD went dead and stuck. Turns out that the disk had a deep scratch that the librarians determine it a w/o.

As Gollum's last words says, "Preciousssssssssssssss.............." Must be the power of the One Ring trying to save itself from destruction and stuck Gollum in mid-air......

:rofl:

Last edited: