Humor Random Comments Thread

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
To celebrate Einstein's birthday and Pi Day, I hereby suggest someone here to make an Albert-Apple-Rabbit Pie. ;)

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You need to use the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

The most funny thing about the killer rabbit of Caerbannog is really Jones showing of his scholarship again... The "vice of cowardice" was traditionally visualised as a knight running away from a rabbit :lol:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Tested compatibility between Minecraft mods Voltz and Galacticraft.
Nuked the moon, got cheese; good day.
(warning: nuked moon cheese may contain radioactive material and/or man-eating moon worms)

Last edited:

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Sometimes you see something you just have to post.......

4aRuE.png

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
True:yes: And English translations of Japanese songs tend to sound really strange anyway:lol: I was just having a snicker over the fact that there's about two trillion "Miku Hatsune's" and "Hatsune Miku's" posting comments on YouTube, and probably none of them are the official one:rolleyes:

Besides, with a caboose like that, I could watch her vids without audio:cheers:

Last edited:

Linguofreak

Reaction score

If you're familiar with the alphabet being used, it's generally easier to produce and understand a language that is not your mother tongue on paper than it is to do so in speech. Writing isn't real time, so you have time to check dictionaries and such, and your accent doesn't usually show up on paper (it can if you get similar sounds confused, but other than that, it doesn't).

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
If you're familiar with the alphabet being used, it's generally easier to produce and understand a language that is not your mother tongue on paper than it is to do so in speech. Writing isn't real time, so you have time to check dictionaries and such, and your accent doesn't usually show up on paper (it can if you get similar sounds confused, but other than that, it doesn't).
No, he's talking about how some people on YouTube post comments (in English) role-playing as the singing software character of Hatsune Miku, but Miku isn't designed to sing in English (yet).

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Also, I'd rather listen to Miku songs in their original language since I can focus more on the voice and melody instead of the lyrics.

Why? The lyrics, and the story told in the song, are often the best part. The people who make these things must be somewhat sadistic, because often they're so damn sad/beautiful.

That isn't to say that dubs are worth listening to, because they're almost always not.

And then there are the insane people on Nico Nico Douga who go and sing perfectly songs that aren't designed for a human to be capable of singing. Screw you American Idol.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I've never really been a person who focused a lot on lyrics*. IMO, the best part is the melody and voice.

*sometimes, I did, but not that often

Last edited: