Humor Random Comments Thread

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm doing a space shuttle launch and a bit of dg-flying with my 4-year old every now and then. With OrbiterSound, of course. Lately the wife observed him playing with a plane, and suddenly he went "... and now I fly very high, and now I am in space!". Then he promptly started singing du-du-du-du-duuuuu... :rofl:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Unit 2 should go critical tonight during my shift.

Soon we should be able to find all the steam leaks in the secondary.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Soon we should be able to find all the steam leaks in the secondary.

Yay! Don't forget to bring all the dirty pots and pans in to work. I hear that superheated radioactive steam is a great way to clean them.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Yay! Don't forget to bring all the dirty pots and pans in to work. I hear that superheated radioactive steam is a great way to clean them.

Secondary, not primary. Secondary circuit is about as radioactive as Howard Stern.

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Well, they are trying at least. :shifty: I wonder what the "buy back" of that plant is.

Still it's kind of a neat thing, one of our engineers here worked on the solar tracking mechanisms to keep those mirrors pointed at the towers. I think I might give him a friendly ration of crap given the failure.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I started up one of unit 2's main feed pumps about an hour ago. We're sitting just under 5% power. Any more and we would stumble over some imaginary line and move in to mode 1 (which we are not yet ready to do).

Ops is pretty much up to their armpits in power ascension testing. Either we are getting ready to call it good, or the front will fall off.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I started up one of unit 2's main feed pumps about an hour ago. We're sitting just under 5% power. Any more and we would stumble over some imaginary line and move in to mode 1 (which we are not yet ready to do).

Ops is pretty much up to their armpits in power ascension testing. Either we are getting ready to call it good, or the front will fall off.

Come on, it is not like you have to fear any Xenon poisoning... :lol:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
pPyIXIo.jpg

Man, I am in the wrong neighborhood.

Six Strela launchers plus a collumn of T-80s thrown in for flavor. About a minute or so after this my wingman ate two Strelas and became a new landmark on the Crimean coast line. Five minutes later I followed suit, because I would run out of flares at the wrong moment.

Last edited:

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
Well, they are trying at least. :shifty: I wonder what the "buy back" of that plant is.

Still it's kind of a neat thing, one of our engineers here worked on the solar tracking mechanisms to keep those mirrors pointed at the towers. I think I might give him a friendly ration of crap given the failure.

Buy back is pretty damned long right now, may never happen. The idea made sense back when photovoltaics were too pricey and low efficiency to use, but now a big fat field of PV would probably produce the same power without all the O&M issues. The environmentalists hate them because birds fly into the concentration zone around the tower looking for bugs and their smoking corpses pile up around the bottom of the tower.

I think some reflective metal panels on the tower would be a good idea. Right now it's an open structure. Kinda hard to fight a fire in a plant when it is still being illuminated with a couple of MW of solar irradiation. My wife suggested that they could hang some Jiffy Pops on the various levels so they get an indication of a problem.:)

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
WBN U2 is in mode 1. It's been a long road, and there is still plenty of testing to do (and we're behind schedule, overbudget, ect). But at least the end is nigh.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Raspberry Pis are more resilient than expected. They underwent a change in environment temperature from -40 to 80 degree Celsius within two weeks, all the while doing operations on an external file system, without any apparent hickups. Let's see if they'll still be running after a week at 85... :stirpot:

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
(image)
Man, I am in the wrong neighborhood.

Six Strela launchers plus a collumn of T-80s thrown in for flavor. About a minute or so after this my wingman ate two Strelas and became a new landmark on the Crimean coast line. Five minutes later I followed suit, because I would run out of flares at the wrong moment.

Is that their polite way of saying 'please go away'?