Humor Random Comments Thread

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
That's a really horrible pun, so if I go missing in the next few days, Urwumpe or jedidia probably decided that it merited summary execution and dragged me into a dark alley somewhere.

Don't worry, we'll just force you to listen to the best German jokes during the weekend. Its like Vogon poetry, just worse. :lol:

Need an example?

Der Richter zum Angeklagten: “Sie sind beschuldigt, Ihren Nachbarn unter Schimpfworten in den Wald getrieben und dort ganz fürchterlich verprügelt zu haben. Sind Sie da nicht ein bisschen zu weit gegangen, Angeklagter?” Antwort: “Ja, das stimmt, Herr Richter! Ich hätte es schon vorher auf der Wiese tun sollen!”

Linguofreak

Reaction score

Der Richter zum Angeklagten: “Sie sind beschuldigt, Ihren Nachbarn unter Schimpfworten in den Wald getrieben und dort ganz fürchterlich verprügelt zu haben. Sind Sie da nicht ein bisschen zu weit gegangen, Angeklagter?” Antwort: “Ja, das stimmt, Herr Richter! Ich hätte es schon vorher auf der Wiese tun sollen!”

:)

Yawn...

Once one has been exposed to Monty Python and "Wenn ist das Nunstuck git und schlottermeyer? usw.", less fatal puns just don't have much effect.

For everybody else, Urwumpe's joke is:

Judge: "You stand accused, after an argument with your neighbor, of chasing him into the woods and beating him. Didn't you go a bit too far?"

Defendant: "I sure did. I should have beaten him on my front lawn!"

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I see you trained well. So you are ready to face one hour of Mario Barth. :ninja:

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Then fatal puns at dawn it is:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
And once more I am convinced that "css" secretely stands for "confused, sore and swearing" :beathead:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
And once more I am convinced that "css" secretely stands for "confused, sore and swearing" :beathead:

can't style something. :lol:

---------- Post added at 11:51 ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 ----------

BTW: Who uses 7-zip should urgently update it, it has a critical memory leak vulnerability.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Spartacus!

I do when its required.

N.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
If a file is in the 7-zip format that's what I use. I'm not a pc guru, as you probably noticed.

N.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
When can WinRar not do the job? :O
What? I haven't heard of rar and/or winrar being used since the 90s, what's the point of using that fossil these days?

And really, same can be said about 7zip - it's just a Windows gizmo that is more annoying and not much better than the standard, transparent zip compression present in every OS for decades.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
What? I haven't heard of rar and/or winrar being used since the 90s, what's the point of using that fossil these days?

And really, same can be said about 7zip - it's just a Windows gizmo that is more annoying and not much better than the standard, transparent zip compression present in every OS for decades.

Wrong - it supports the ZIP64 format, which the standard tools did not have until recently (Those have a 4 GB file limit), this also makes it much better than the standard GNU zip tools. And the native 7z format compresses better than the standard zip or the zlib libraries.

And its no windows gizmo. Its a linux gizmo that does not hate windows. :p

birdmanmike

Reaction score
like the man said - and for us poor folks with very slow internet , key is 7-zip supports multi-part zips so can download those large files like satnav updates (from VW!) in bits outside peak times . . .

Linguofreak

Reaction score

Back when I spent much time on Windows, I used 7zip not so much for the 7z format but because it had support for a good number of different archive formats in one tool.

On Linux, that's not so much of a concern.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, be careful of what you wish for...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44112260

Problem solved

N.

Tim Swabey said he waited 30 minutes for a pizza that "looked like something that had already passed through a cat's digestive system"

:lol:

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

So I recently read that the SyFy channel has decided not to renew The Expanse for a fourth season. No doubt because they are idiots of one kind or another, and need to spend more money on the next Sharknado atrocity.

Here's hoping somebody with more sense picks it up and keeps it alive. Losing Firefly and Expanse in one lifetime may just be too much to bear...:(