Project Space Shuttle Cygnus

NovaSilisko

The Siliskoiest of Siliskos
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Are you going to use the carrier aircraft to launch Ganymede?

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Nope! The carrier is going to be used to launch the Cygnus space shuttle! The Ganymede is a rocket that is going to launch interplanetary misssions, and the Cygnus is a futuristic space shuttle...

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Another thing that I forgot: The Cygnus is going to have only two engines... This will make a more stable spacecraft and will help during the ascent if a problem happens. Now I developed the prototype of the wings, I'm now improving some details in the model. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

picture.php

Do you want to launch a spacecraft to another planet using a different launcher? Now you can use the Cygnus!
Today I created simple wings, but when I tried to use this in the orbiter, I found some problems in the normals, so tomorrow I'll create another wings...

Last edited:

Luke Skywalker

Rebel Alliance Hero
Reaction score
Uhh, i think you might want to carry scientific payloads into orbit, since it's brand new you wouldn't hesitate to test it, wouldn't you? :p

EDIT: Will it have a robotic arm like the ones in SSU?

Last edited:

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I don't know about a RMS. I'll design it, but I'm not a coder so I can't make a code for it, but soon I'll try!

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'm learning many new things while coding the Spacelab-2. Maybe I can help you with that one day.

And here a suggestion for the first payload, a Development Flight Instrumentation:

567px-STS-1_Columbia_Cargo_Bay.jpg

Luke Skywalker

Rebel Alliance Hero
Reaction score
I don't know about a RMS. I'll design it, but I'm not a coder so I can't make a code for it, but soon I'll try!

You can get reference for a RMS [ame=http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3373]here[/ame] (an addon) or you can look at the atlantis RMS

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I already designed something like that and posted in this thread...

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

Yes, I'll use the URMS, but I'm NOT a coder, I have no idea on how to do it! And first I'll finish the model...

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Okay, today I was testing UVW maps in the wings, and it's like that:
picture.php

It's a very first test, I never created UVW maps before, but I'm loving it. Now it's easier to adjust the textures, correct bugs, and everything! The wings are very similar with the Shuttle wings, because they're more interesting for me, and with the carrier, isn't so hard to takeoff with small wings...
Thanks!

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

I redesigned the wings right now to be more similar with the american wings:
picture.php

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

And I know, the textures are very stranges, see the flag, is almost a box. But today I'll make the last details in the main model, create the payloads for the 10 first missions of the release and finally start texturing...

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

picture.php

OK, here is the last picture of the wings, now I just need to create some marks using photoshop... I was thinking about a Mars orbiter and a Mars Lander mission, what do you think? Any ideas for a name, or for the instruments?
Thanks!

Last edited:

Sierra719

X-71 Pilot
Reaction score
Nice Felipe! But sadly the computer I use for Orbiter has a dead Hard Drive. So until I get one, My X-71 fleet, Shuttle Fleet and everything else I fly will be grounded until further notice

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I know it, but I want to create a Scientific spacecraft, a really brand new spacecraft.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
:hmm: Do you have time to make one for yourself? If not, the almighty :probe: should suffice. :)

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes, i already have a diagram on my notebook of the Mars Scientific Orbiter (MSO). And I had the idea of the Mars Scientific lander...

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I drawed it using my pencil and my eraser :p, but the spacecraft has a medium size. A little bit smaler than the MRO, I think...

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Nope! I'll draw it on the CorelDraw in the next minutes...

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
picture.php

OK, this is the Mars Scientific Orbiter.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

There are some "default" instruments, like a Camera and a LIDAR...