Gaming The Kerbal Space Program - Version 1.2.x

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
I can't even get into the site or forums. It'll probably be a day or two before the server is stable enough to download it.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
I can't even get into the site or forums. It'll probably be a day or two before the server is stable enough to download it.

It takes a while. F5 about every 45 seconds should do the trick, and it avoids the server banning you for spam.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I was able to download it a couple hours ago. Took a long time, but it worked.

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
So, now I'm able to get into the site and log into the store, but it fails to load the download page each time I've attempted.

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
This is ridiculous. I finally managed to grab the patcher, and now every time I attempt to run it, it says the connection to the server has failed after a couple minutes.

Aviator

Reaction score
yes i tried downloading the full file too, but i kept getting the half finished zip files that way as well.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Does anyone have the change list? I'd like to know whats new while I wait, but the KSP Forums are, well, being like the KSP forums just after an update :lol:

AlfalfaQc

Future Rocket Engineer
Reaction score
It took a while but I finally got the new version!!
I can't believe this game cost me only 7$!!! This is freakin awesome, building rockets and sending little kerbonauts into space is so much fun hehe. Keep up the good, work, and if I can propose something to add to the game, that would be probe or rovers. You could send them o other planets before risking sending Kermans :D

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
You could send them o other planets before risking sending Kermans :D

Isn't killing Kerbals half the fun though?:lol:

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Does anyone have the change list? I'd like to know whats new while I wait, but the KSP Forums are, well, being like the KSP forums just after an update :lol:

Here's a basic list.

http://kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/post/31870253885/ksp-0-17-is-released

Aviator

Reaction score
Well, after a little trial and error i landed 3 kerbals on eve :)

with 2 of those large fuel tanks and 4 nuclear rocket's attached you have the delta V to do almost anything.. i got to eve surface only having burnt ~3500 litres including kerbin ejection, plane alignment and eve capture + deorbit. still have a good 6600 in reserve.

Not enough thrust to take off again though...

HarvesteR

Reaction score
We're going to upgrade our server here, to try and improve the situation as much as possible. However, I think the demand is simply too large for the current system to manage.

We are planning a major upgrade to the way downloads are served, which involves using cloud servers. That should be a significant improvement (and possibly even a solution) to this issue, however, implementing it won't happen overnight. This is something we're looking to do for the next release.

For now, please be patient, the situation should return to normal eventually.

Cheers

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
We're going to upgrade our server here, to try and improve the situation as much as possible. However, I think the demand is simply too large for the current system to manage.

We are planning a major upgrade to the way downloads are served, which involves using cloud servers. That should be a significant improvement (and possibly even a solution) to this issue, however, implementing it won't happen overnight. This is something we're looking to do for the next release.

For now, please be patient, the situation should return to normal eventually.

Cheers

How about doing that, and providing a torrent for the patcher for the next release, that way you can use your...large fanbase for a purpose :p

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
With the whole American continent out of bed, I guess there's no hope right now. Made it to 66 MB this morning and just 15 right now. Looks like I would be able to get it, but 40 kB/s is just to slow.
(Offtopic: my download speed seems to be very stable, is it possible that it is limited to keep the old telephone line from burning up :lol: ?)

Great to see how successful KSP is. :thumbup:

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
With the whole American continent out of bed, I guess there's no hope right now.

Especially with the weekend coming up...

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Success! Finally grabbed it in a rare moment of server clarity!

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
As silly as this sounds why not do it in alphabetical order? The KSP team already requires your full name in the registration, so why not simply open downloads to last names starting with A week one, etc?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
As silly as this sounds why not do it in alphabetical order? The KSP team already requires your full name in the registration, so why not simply open downloads to last names starting with A week one, etc?
Because then that's unfair to people who aren't further up the list...