Gaming The Kerbal Space Program - Version 1.2.x

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
seems KSP forums has been in "maintenance mode" all day... i was wondering when it'd break down again :rolleyes:

i guess those things are like rockets, if there isn't something broken - it's about to :p

HarvesteR

Reaction score
seems KSP forums has been in "maintenance mode" all day... i was wondering when it'd break down again :rolleyes:

i guess those things are like rockets, if there isn't something broken - it's about to :p

We're doing an update on the KSP site. It'll be down for a while, but it should be back up shortly.

Oh, and good news! I started work on the Strut Connectors, and it seems that's gonna be a whole load of fun! Just gotta figure out how to save the references to cache and to file, and it should be almost good to go!

Cheers

EDIT: There! now parts are able to save their own data to the craft file, so strut connectors and other compound parts can remember where they're supposed to attach.

Now that this is in place, I'm starting to think that it might be better to change the compound parts idea a bit, so that they are just a single part instead of 2... it'd be just a matter of rigging the VAB code now to handle these special cases. Instead of an overly complicated scheme where compound parts are 2 parts, and one is the master, there would only be a single part, and a 'target' reference to any other part.

I'm just thinking aloud here... never mind my ramblings ;)

Cheers

Last edited:

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
I think the front page spells, in rather large letters, out the current state of the server migration. :rofl:

HarvesteR

Reaction score
Yeah, we had to move the site... again. :p

But it's done now, and the forum's back up!

Also, I've managed to get the Strut Connectors working now! Lots of interesting possibilities with them. :D

Cheers

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Just a message I'm hoping someone could relay to the KSP Forums. I can't connect. Connecting by proxy works, proving the site is up, but if I attempt a direct connection it either times out, or doesn't connect at all. I've tryed changing my IP address and my DNS server but to no avail. I suspect I'm missing out on all sorts of fun, so I aim to be back as soon as I possibly can.

HarvesteR

Reaction score
Hi again!

Just wanted to let everyone know, version 0.9 is officially released now! You can get it here.

We've also set up a Pre-Ordering/Donations system, for whoever wants to support the project :)

Cheers

Arthur Dent

Absolutely Mental
Donator
Reaction score
Website
wasa.pottyland.de
Thanks for the Mac version! You should consider putting it in a dmg file rather than a zip, though.

I personally don't mind, but dmg is the somehow expected format on a Mac. ;)

Last edited:

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
- Since version 0.8 you still haven't fixed the incredibly slow loading time bug / freeze on loading bug.
- This version is much slower then 0.9, even when graphics are as low as they go.
- Exhaust smoke looks kinda weird.
- Explosions from the boosters that impact the ground sometimes appear right next to the ship (even when the ship is 16 km in the air).
- Atmosphere still sucks.
- Occasionally sound appears for a short time, even when all sound effects are set to 0 in the menu.
- Settings menu takes a while to respond every time you hit a button.
- Terrain did stop moving, but I doubt that it's any faster. If it is, it certainly isn't measurable.

I've been using the same rocket since version 0.8 to test performance of KSP. It's gone down significantly. KSP now runs as slow with a 3 stage rocket, as it did with a 5 stage rocket when it was first released and there haven't been any wonderful new features released. Most of the effort has focused on suggestions provided by the community and hunting of bugs.

KSP has lost all the charm it had.

Wally

Reaction score
Thanks for the Mac version as well!

Here's my beast. I call it N5, after MECO it reached 374 km altitude and has a speed of 3400 m/s. Haven't try orbiting and re-entry yet.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-09-09 at 11.10.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-09-09 at 11.10.41 PM.png
    468.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Screen Shot 2011-09-09 at 11.10.58 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2011-09-09 at 11.10.58 PM.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 20

jgrillo2002

Conservative Pioneer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Moach. Im quite surprised that you are moderator at their forum. congrats dude. now Kerbal SP is part of the orbiter community XP

Arthur Dent

Absolutely Mental
Donator
Reaction score
Website
wasa.pottyland.de
KSP sure got famous. Recently a (AFAIK) not orbiter related random Google+ friend recommended KSP on Google+.

I just want to tell you, that the word is out. ;)

Pablo49

Reaction score
KSP sure got famous. Recently a (AFAIK) not orbiter related random Google+ friend recommended KSP on Google+.

I just want to tell you, that the word is out. ;)

KSP has been on GAF for awhile. That's enough to make it pretty popular.

HarvesteR

Reaction score
Moach. Im quite surprised that you are moderator at their forum. congrats dude. now Kerbal SP is part of the orbiter community XP

KSP was always part of the Orbiter Community. I've been orbiting for quite a long time :thumbup:

Also, you guys may not have known what on earth I was talking about with my weird questions about planetary rendering and space physics, but the OF really helped me out a lot in making KSP. :tiphat:

Cheers!