Titan Dragonfly

OHM Titan Dragonfly 240306

barrygolden

Reaction score
What a dummy ! Ok I figured that out and the sky looks super not sure about the surface fetures though

The guy that is doing the impluse upper stage is the geinus behind the Falcon 9
I do hope you do the upper stage

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
Out of curiosity I tried the Dragonfly on other launchers. The screenshot below shows it on a Starship. ;)
This also triggers the reentry flames during ascent, and the flames remain on until payload jettison.
Funny, only the Falcon launchers seem to be immune against this.

0586a.jpg

Marg

Reaction score
Sorry, a kind of double post, but it case it was unnoticed (ina nother thread):
I have a bit of anomaly with starship (by BJones), when it launches (after pressing V), vehicle moves with launch pad\tower, then rocket leaves - goes upwards, but pad continues to move eastwards (towards the gulf)? It's Orbiter 2016.

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Out of curiosity I tried the Dragonfly on other launchers. The screenshot below shows it on a Starship. ;)
This also triggers the reentry flames during ascent, and the flames remain on until payload jettison.
Funny, only the Falcon launchers seem to be immune against this.
This is a strange bug.
I tracked it down to the "EDL_Capsule" Status (Landed/Orbiting) not being updated during launch until detached from the launcher. Everything else (Dragonfly lander, Star48, etc.) seems fine. And it doesn't happen if you use the Falcon9/Heavy.
I couldn't even stop the reentry trail by disabling Reentry Flames on the Orbiter launchpad.
I'm baffled.

There is a workaround though, set the EDL_Capsule status entry line in your launch scenario to:
Code:
STATUS Landed Moon
I think it works - let me know :)
Brian

Gargantua2024

The Desktop Orbinaut
Reaction score
Sorry, a kind of double post, but it case it was unnoticed (ina nother thread):
I have a bit of anomaly with starship (by BJones), when it launches (after pressing V), vehicle moves with launch pad\tower, then rocket leaves - goes upwards, but pad continues to move eastwards (towards the gulf)? It's Orbiter 2016.
You might have Attachment Manager enabled. This is also a common problem in other launchers

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
STATUS Landed Moon
Yes, this works fine! No more reentry flames on ascent.
Because of its simplicity and effectiveness, this should be a candidate for "Hack of the year!" :)

Thinking why the reentry flames were triggered on some launchers, but not on all.
Maybe it is a bug in Orbiters memory allocation of exhausts or thrusters.
Could be a coincidence, but the Falcon9 uses a high number of texture SURFHANDLEs:

• Falcon9: 15 SURFHANDLE (no flames)
  • VulcanCentaur: 7 SURFHANDLE (flames)
  • Starship: 9 SURFHANDLE (flames)
  • OrangeSLS: 4 SURFHANDLE (flames

Anyhow, I think the "Landed Moon" workaround is good for now. 👍

0587.jpg