Project Universal Autopilots alpha 100324

Status
Not open for further replies.

fort

Reaction score
Artlav,

Good. I did the essay of the three sounds, while modifying, also, the scenario DG to ISS. The number 2 seems to me suitable in an OrbiterSound environment. If they - those sounds - nevertheless could stand/stay one or two seconds more.

But it is well as that that I saw the idea.

It remains me to learn how to create them directly in the Mfd (I began to read the PDF). Of a more general manner, to use the Mfd itself.

I appreciate.

DoyleChris

Reaction score
Thanks got the static to work but i have run into another problem.
Using the default atlantis mission with uap all the shuttle does is go straight up dosent pitch dosent roll dosent yaw just goes straight up.
Then once the SRBs drop off then it goes to the trans orbit.
Any help please.

Zachstar

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.ibiblio.org
You sure kicked over the anthill on this addon artlav NICE work! And good luck on its future development.

Sorry I have been unable to test but something tells me I am going to be blown away like I was with your Open GL client.

KosmoKen

Lost in Translation
Donator
Reaction score
Any chance of implementing an "Estimated Time to End of Sequence (through entire sequence)" in there?

mjanicki

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Using alpha 100324:

Artlav, I ran through my typical battery of tests and everything looked great. I didn't test out the new time compression hold feature, so hopefully others will have some feeedback there. The "send a keypress to another vessel" worked perfectly, thanks for adding that.

No problems noted with this build.

-- Mike

kevinvr

Reaction score
Alpha 100324:

Interesting new feature - continuous auto time accel control, to use it press Shift+A once in MFD. It will show the current set time accel, you can up it with Shift+T, above the current limit. Then, it will auto-hold it.
Example: Run DG->Moon scenario, set time accel in MFD to 10000x, sit back. It will go to orbit, set time accel to 10000x, slow down to align, speed up again till the burn, etc, etc, and in 6 minutes real-time, you're on the Moon, totally hands-free.
Boring or cool?
definately cool and not boring!
I am busy going through all scenarios and wll report my findings soon as I'm done probably by the weekend.
This is an excellent mfd! Thanks!:thumbup:

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Good job! Just did the DG to moon station race with auto time accel and it worked perfectly on the flight to moon. GL-02 docked a few orbits after GL-01. Only during docking I had to bring down the time acceleration manually, because it just stayed at 100x.

Pablo49

Reaction score
The new time thing is a very nice touch. I also like the way you implemented the sounds, definitely the best way to do it. (Scared me the first time I had one go off and I wasn't expecting it. :p) I had the flying blind error come up once in trans_orbital when it seemed like it shouldn't, but every other time it worked just fine.

Overall, it worked quite nicely. Good work.

DoyleChris

Reaction score
Still cant get the Atlantis to do a roll and pitch on lift off it just goes strat up.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Any chance of implementing an "Estimated Time to End of Sequence (through entire sequence)" in there?
Spaceship guided in flight is a chaotic system, there is no way to predict exact time of arrival - tiny changes in burn timings and accuracy can result in hours off target in estimation. Then, some AP's are open-timed, waiting for some condition without any idea when will it happen.

Thanks got the static to work but i have run into another problem.
Using the default atlantis mission with uap all the shuttle does is go straight up dosent pitch dosent roll dosent yaw just goes straight up.
Then once the SRBs drop off then it goes to the trans orbit.
Any help please.
What about other scenarios in UAP-demos?
Is Atlantis the only thing that doesn't work?
Are you sure it's default Atlantis, not SSU or some other add-on?
Does it work on clean install of Orbiter?

Only during docking I had to bring down the time acceleration manually, because it just stayed at 100x.
You mean, docking AP don't work at 100x? Or, it stayed there after sequence completion for both vessels? TA control runs as long as there are vessels with sequences running somewhere, and should return TA to user-defined setting once they all end.

Sideshow

Reaction score
Artlav, would it be possible to put a timer in the Aerial state hold autopilot? That way you could for instance set the autopilot up to takeoff, climb to a certain altitude and fly a certain heading for a specified amount of time before switching to a different autopilot to reach orbit. If time was set to negative then the sequence would run indefinitely like it does now. Just a thought.

kevinvr

Reaction score
Still cant get the Atlantis to do a roll and pitch on lift off it just goes strat up.
Hi DoyleChris,
can you post a copy of the uap command block then we can see if there's something that needs to be changed?

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 AM ----------

Hi Artlav,
I've tried all scenarios with auto time warp and they all work perfectly now on my computer. I''m using Orbiter 2006P1 and I have a 2.5 GHZ dual core cpu with 4GB RAM using windows 7 home premium 64bit, onboard video card Intel G33/31 Express chipset family.
Thanks for a most excellent addon! :salute:
Looking forward to those update plans:) (when you have time of course).

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
I also tried this addon, and what can I say? It really opens up new possibilities such as launching a ship to orbit while flying another one and then later meet up.
Couldn't make out any bugs either.

DoyleChris

Reaction score
I has been testing it and i have had a few problems using it. Using the Energy Project Energia to launch the XR2 into orbit using the autopilot on the energia to a 300km orbit then i used the trans orbit to circularize the orbit and it dosent look as good as i thought so i do a manual set up, then try to do a sync orbit, my orbit is lower then the iss but i haft to wait before im closer before the autopilot to do it. and when i went to a approach to the iss it made a burn in the wrong direction.

KosmoKen

Lost in Translation
Donator
Reaction score
Continuing on what SideShow said, how about sequential pitch maneuvers for liftoff AP? Something like "once 20* pitch reached, take 30 seconds to reach 10*". Currently the AP goes screwy for me once Pitch Target is reached and it automatically goes to Trans Orbit, when it would be more efficient to do another targeted pitch maneuver or even a pitch hold for X seconds. Same goes for Aerial Hold.

Any progress lately?

Zachstar

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.ibiblio.org
I finally tried it!

I am stunned at how accurate it is and I LOVE the time acceleration system Bravo!

Just a heads up tho it seems to get a little silly when docking tho. Might want to reduce time acceleration at near docking.

Status
Not open for further replies.