When We Left Earth: The NASA Missions

Missioncmdr

Reaction score
I am not sure if anyone else has heard, so I thought I would say something. The first part of six will be airing tonight at 9 PM EDT on the Discovery Channel. It looks like it is going to be something about the history of NASA. It is in HD and it is narrated by Lt. Dan!

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder, I had been tracking this but almost forgot. By Lt. Dan I assume you mean Gary Sinise?

Missioncmdr

Reaction score
Has anyone visited the IMBd lately? Holy :censored:.

IMDbNasamission.jpg

Andy44

Addon Developer
Reaction score
LOL John Young talking about his Gemini flight, "Took quite a few G's on that launch. Peice of cake." That guy is just too cool.

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Indeed, Lost Moon/Apollo 13 book tells why there were so many Gs-because of the unique trajectory of the Titan II
Anyone checked out the online content yet? I've been playing the docking and lunar landing games and let's just say, their physics don't even come close to Orbiter :p

SPASE_1976

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
WE ?

I am stuck on this planets surface for 3 decades

I HATE GRAVITY.

Andy44

Addon Developer
Reaction score
One of the things that has become a pet peeve with me about these types of shows is how they insert little sound effects or video clips that have nothing to do with the subject of discussion. During the footage of Shepard walking out to the Redstone pad, they played the "Inboard cutoff" radio clip we hear all the time in Orbiter Sound. This is a recording of Armstrong reporting the inboard engine of his Saturn V 1st stage shutting down, and has zero to do with a Redstone flight.

Also, when Sheperd is descending and he reports a main chute opening, they show a video clip of a chute opening as seen from the windshield of a Gemini vehicle. <sigh>

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
One of the things that has become a pet peeve with me about these types of shows is how they insert little sound effects or video clips that have nothing to do with the subject of discussion. During the footage of Shepard walking out to the Redstone pad, they played the "Inboard cutoff" radio clip we hear all the time in Orbiter Sound. This is a recording of Armstrong reporting the inboard engine of his Saturn V 1st stage shutting down, and has zero to do with a Redstone flight.

Also, when Sheperd is descending and he reports a main chute opening, they show a video clip of a chute opening as seen from the windshield of a Gemini vehicle. <sigh>

Yeah, that "inboard cutoff" gets a lot of mileage as a non sequitur.

You can clearly hear it in "In the Shadow of the Moon", after 1st stage separation.

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Too many commercials! Otherwise, I'm sitting here enjoying it tremendously.

Did anyone else have an Orbiter moment seeing the cockpit surrounding Shepard?

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Wow, they managed to get Armstrong to show up, bravo!
I thought the same thing.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who caught that!

Too many commercials! Otherwise, I'm sitting here enjoying it tremendously.
Agreed!;)

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Are you kidding, I was flying the mission in Orbiter while watching it!

So it's possible to have your cake, and eat it too!

I weaseled out of giving my 95 year-old grandmother a ride home so I wouldn't miss anything. Do I feel guilty? Only enough that I'll go visit her tomorrow!

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
When that movie comes out about Neil, i hope he shows up! he's a great guy and all, but he might as well pass on the knowledge that he gained on Gemini 8 and Apollo 11 while he still can, when i saw Michael Collins talking his head off in the Shadow of the Moon, he was maybe thinking the same thing, ''might as well say all this stuff while i still can''.
God bless em.

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
I quite like the soundtrack. It's got that same epic theme as the music in Transformers.