When We Left Earth: The NASA Missions

Missioncmdr

Reaction score
Another episode airs tonight on the Discovery Channel at 9 PM EDT.

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
It's been a week already? Thanks guys for reminding me. I think I'd be really bummed if I missed tonight's episode!

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Fred Haise with stubble looks like he would've made a good actor to play the Punisher...just a thought. I gotta hand it to the guy, after Apollo 13 he stuck around for the space shuttle program and flew Enterprise. And John Young, good lord, after all he'd been through he climbed into the cockpit for STS-1 and kept on going. Yeah, it's a dream job, but still...

Missioncmdr

Reaction score
Kind of dissapointed on how they just blew over Apollo 12 and 14.

Edit: They did not even mention Apollo 15!

Missioncmdr

Reaction score
Looks like the usual bull:censored:-spewing idiots are active on the IMDb. In the discussion board for the series, a user posted, under the topic name "Lies, Lies, And More Lies," this:

This is a blatant maneuver from NASA and the beings that control NASA to reprogram the sheeple into believing that they went to the Moon. Check out www.moonmovie.com to see the REAL interviews, not the ones controlled by NASA. The "astronauts" squirm in their seats when asked about the Van Allen Belts, which are located approximately 1000 to 25000 miles above Earth. There is no way a living being (in the technology of that day) could've survived the massive amount of radiation in the belts. So, they had to formulate a lie and they did, just like JFK and 9/11. Please wake up and do your own research and not rely on the controlled media.

Flame away.

When will they ever shut up (probably never)?:mad:

Last edited:

to be

Reaction score
I find it amusing. Incredibly stupid, but amusing. Some people just aren't comfortable with the idea that there is anything beyond the earth, and are willing to do whatever it takes to believe that.

Oh, and: http://xkcd.com/202/

Last edited:

mjessick

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I can't imagine how any one can't see the technological progress through the Gemini missions. It was inexorable.

SlyCoopersButt

Reaction score
Well as my dad says, Some people still think the Earth is flat and refuse to believe otherwise no matter how much you prove it isn't. The fact those people are around today means You can be 100% certain the Moon landing conspiracy won't end even when man walks on Mars and beyond. But I'm now hooked on that series! I saw the first episode and now this one. I finally have something great to watch every week!

pattersoncr

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Well as my dad says, Some people still think the Earth is flat and refuse to believe otherwise no matter how much you prove it isn't. The fact those people are around today means You can be 100% certain the Moon landing conspiracy won't end even when man walks on Mars and beyond. But I'm now hooked on that series! I saw the first episode and now this one. I finally have something great to watch every week!

I hate to burst you bubble but there's only one more episode.

Don't dispair though, Disovery Channel is showing "In the Shadow of the Moon" on the 23rd!

Brad

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Nothing like Bittorrent to get it now. :)

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
On a video of Buzz jumping on the moon, one person actually said
FAKE!! If he really was on the moon, he would have floated off into space!!
It's funny, I didn't know I could jump 1/6 of the way into space on Earth

pattersoncr

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Doctor Bruce Banner, is that you?

Not to derail the thread but I heard the following on the radio this morning:
They were discussing the new Hulk movie and according to Lou Farigno, when they made the old Hulk TV show they changed Banner's first name from Bruce (as it is in the comic books) to David because "CBS thought the name Bruce sounded too gay."

Maybe any guys here named Bruce can comment on having a gay sounding name (not that there's anything wong with that).

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Isn't it about the upcoming shuttle mission to the Hubble telescope or the one awile ago?

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'm afraid that it is time to admit that I have begun a love affair with this particular series.