Black Dart update

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Those ships are far in the future, well beyond Ravenstar and the Black Dart. 500 years probably.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
No they can't, time travel is impossible, you're bluffing. We'll see what Altea Space has to say about these alagations.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
What can time travel ?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
You code 'em, I'll make 'em !!:)

No problem, you make them, I'll code them. :cheers:

I just tested my "hot needle productions" aerodynamics for the Skylon, the results are already almost perfect (instable around the roll axis, pitch sensitive, stable around yaw), just need to tweak the numbers for lift-off velocity (20 m/s too high, need ground effect). If I am similar lucky on such a plane, It should become a real beast to fly.

A cute space-fighter like VC would then also be nice for fire control. Like two standard orbiter MFDs, one special system management display (with C&W indications), one large HSI/Map display and two general purpose computer displays, which do weapon management and NCTR... :speakcool:

EDIT: Coolhand: You did the "Akula"? I was really impressed by this design some months ago, when I saw it, a nice quote of historic soviet navy elements.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Symantics... I knew you were bluffing.

Coolhand

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scifi-meshes.com
EDIT: Coolhand: You did the "Akula"? I was really impressed by this design some months ago, when I saw it, a nice quote of historic soviet navy elements.

Yeah, she's (well he, probably, considering the faction) all my own... For my Sol universe project... Of which Orbiter has helped quite a bit with my research.

did you see it somewhere without my credits? i occasionally have my work ripped off and the credits stripped.

It uses 3 million triangles so it won't go into orbiter yet... however once (if) we can do normal mapping in orbiter then it would be viable for generating normal maps for a lower detail model, which should run nicely and look nearly as detailed as the high poly version.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Yeah, she's (well he, probably, considering the faction) all my own... For my Sol universe project... Of which Orbiter has helped quite a bit with my research.

did you see it somewhere without my credits? i occasionally have my work ripped off and the credits stripped.

No, I think I the URL was the same, I just googled for more information on the Akula submarine. I just did not yet associate "Coolhand" with Orbiter and did not care much about the design, as it did not look like I will see it in orbiter soon. :lol:

But lets pray for normal mapping, I want a large battle ship with many weapon turrets in orbiter one day.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Black Dart update:

A3AQVLmgWjzBAkOJPEjfIyigzhs-6lFOvujn5ItBwITl98zAk5pOaBGlPoyL_OzR7esh6gGmlASXlP-MM21Xd3tTC4e2mg5pNWuA1xUb6ZY

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Now that VC is cute. :) Could need a warning light matrix somewhere, but the general layout looks pretty realistic like that.

The launch vehicle looks a bit huge, can't it be launched by a smaller two stage launcher?

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
You're the rocket scientist.;)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
You're the rocket scientist.;)

Well, unless you use UMDH/N2O4, a rocket of that size should be able to send this plane to the moon. :cheers:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
That would be cool !! How about Mars ?