How old?

How old are you?

• Total voters

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
13. Born on August 9, 1994. Only live shuttle launch seen was STS-118, seen from Disney land (figure out why that is my favorite mission now;))

golden_eye

Reaction score
I'm right in the middle of the 19-25 group (23 in July). I've always had some sort of interest in space, but I was actually more interested in astronomy than being an actual astronaut. I have all sorts of books about space and the planets from when I was a wee lad, but I had lost interest for awhile as I trudged my way through primary school.

I forget what exactly got me interested in space again. I was real big into flight sim and other flying games (I'm also a pilot) and I progressed on to some of the space combat games out there. I got bored of them and saw a link to Orbiter on some forum going on about how realistic it was so I tried it out and got hooked!

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
turning 28 next month. looking forward to get 30. (yes, I know, it's not exactly normal behaviour, but I can't help it...)

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
One of my favorites is, "I'm better than any woman you'll ever have, and I've been with women you can only dream about."

My wife is a woman you can only dream about, not because she looks like Barbie, but because she is a very loving wife. Believe you me, this far more scarse than pretty faces or hot chicks.

Some chicks are good for a photo, but if you are going to share your life with someone, you better have a great human being in your side. If I wanted a pretty girl for a photo, I'd buy a poster. My wife is a great co-pilot. She helps me to be better, I help her to be better. Thanks to her I am happy enough to continue making addons.

I am 37.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
My wife is a woman you can only dream about, not because she looks like Barbie, but because she is a very loving wife. Believe you me, this far more scarse than pretty faces or hot chicks.

Some chicks are good for a photo, but if you are going to share your life with someone, you better have a great human being in your side. If I wanted a pretty girl for a photo, I'd buy a poster. My wife is a great co-pilot. She helps me to be better, I help her to be better. Thanks to her I am happy enough to continue making addons.

I am 37.

I am with you on that. I learned a long time ago the secret that it takes more than good looks to get through the tough times in life. My wife will probably never be on the cover of any magazine, but she is the love of my life and I couldn't imagine raising a daughter (future orbinaut) with anyone else.

I am 33.

StarLost

Reaction score
The last time I remember such a poll as this (over on M6), the curve showed two distinct peaks, the relatively young and those of us who were the relatively young when Neil and Buzz took those first steps.

Now the curve seems to be flattening out. Wonder what happened?

Deke

The Original AstroNut!
Reaction score
The last time I remember such a poll as this (over on M6), the curve showed two distinct peaks, the relatively young and those of us who were the relatively young when Neil and Buzz took those first steps.

Now the curve seems to be flattening out. Wonder what happened?

From what I see, since more people have joine, I see it bulging up around the 14-18-25-31 area, but still hitting the higher areas.

Oh, and I'm 19.

Istochnikov

Costa Rica Space Systems' CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
NASA didn't know yet that they gave me the BEST birthday present launching the MER-A EXACTLY at the day/hour i was born: June 10 at 1:58:47 p.m. EDT

By the time that SPIRIT celebrated its fifth anniversary, i celebrated my 22nd :p

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
I am with you on that. I learned a long time ago the secret that it takes more than good looks to get through the tough times in life. My wife will probably never be on the cover of any magazine, but she is the love of my life and I couldn't imagine raising a daughter (future orbinaut) with anyone else.

As a graphic artist I discovered that fashion is based on an estetic concept. So you have the esthetic concept of Marilyn Monroe (considered by many people as the most beautiful woman) who would a fatty these days.

When I made a poster for UNFPA I used an image of women with almost no breasts to prove people that such esthetic concept would look good too. I probably was being a rebel, going against the mainstream fashion that enslave women to the use of implants.

I hate when people are enslaved to fashion. Barbie is a cartoon. Bugs Bunny too? Who wants a surgery to look like roadrunner?

aficheunfpasmallaf8.jpg

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

I am 37.
Well said. A wife should be a best friend!

I'm 18.

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
Well said. A wife should be a best friend!

I'm 18.

I would say a copilot.
When you can't pilot, she takes the controls.
When she can't pilot you take the controls.
Pilot and copilot have their own life plans, and you are together to make those plans to come true.
I find the definition of friendship a bit limited.