OHM Hubble Space Telescope v2.0 (servicable)

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: marg777

Hubble Space Telescope for Orbiter 2006P1. Model was not made by me, actually it`s composed of two - Orbiter Fan`s earlier model (solar arrays and antennas), and central "tube" taken from Celestia motherlode published Jestr`s Hubble`s 3DS model. I deleted some details, meshes, as i experienced some corruption in mesh ("parasitic" connections between vertexes, so unnecessary faces appeared). But it still looks good. Polys in v2.0 ~110,000 (but not 600,000!). Solar arrays textures are close to those of the HST first period 1990-93.
Extract into orbiter 2006 folder, preserving directory structure.
One scenario supplied is just HST. Nothing needed there, I`ve put system entry as Sol there! Another one is scenario which requires everything Roblin`s and Gazza`s packs require - STS-61in orbit, there is FSS, taken from STS-41C. There look at the system entry, I use Sol-STS, maybe yours is different !!!
Beware that if there is HST.cfg or .ini file, or HST.msh file in your Orbiter installation, it can be overwritten.
P.S. Spacecraft3.dll and pylon.dll required!
In version 1.1 - corrected antenna and solar array positions, as was pointed out by DaveS !
In version 1.2 - added NASA and ESA logos on main tube !
In version 1.3 - added more realistic solar array texture made by 80mileshigh !
In version 2.0 - HST made with separate solar arrays - first step to "servicability". Radiator removed (~40,000 polys less!) More realistic solar array unfolding animations.

DOWNLOAD

Capt_hensley

Captain, USS Pabilli
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.h-10-k.com
I can't get the mesh in this set to work. I get a critical load error in the mesh file itself, Orbiter mesh debug cannot find end of the mesh file to debug it. Orbiter mesh viewer cannot load the mesh.

Although I susspect this set is not real high quality from the JPG in orbiter hangar, I'd still like to see it. It's got to better than the default HST in O-2010

The default HST in Orbiter 2010 is very low quality, but at least it loads. Can any one make suggestions or ask me the right questions to help me with a high quality HST?

Be gental I'm a Newbee!

MaddogK

Reaction score
Sorry for the necro, but where can I find "pylon.dll" ? Is it only needed for deploying HST ?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Sorry for the necro, but where can I find "pylon.dll" ? Is it only needed for deploying HST ?
It is an old and defunct add-on. You should use this instead: [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5484"]HST-Ex[/ame]

MaddogK

Reaction score
TY sir, Just want it in orbit, I don't want to deploy it (have 2006 sp1).

orbitingpluto

Orbiteer
Reaction score
One scenario supplied is just HST. Nothing needed there, I`ve put system entry as Sol there! Another one is scenario which requires everything Roblin`s and Gazza`s packs require - STS-61in orbit, there is FSS, taken from STS-41C.

I'm guessing that the Hubble in this addon doesn't require the Pylon.dll by itself, and Pylon.dll is used in the Shuttle scenarios only. Since your not going to deploy it or use the provided Shuttle scenarios, you shouldn't need Pylon.dll.

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
It's invisible I can't see it how can I fix this?
Please see the post from DaveS

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaddogK

It is an old and defunct add-on. You should use this instead: [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5484"]HST-Ex[/ame]