I just discovered Microsoft Space Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny

Reaction score
Could you explain in what way orbiter does not have this?

I suppose you could write a Orbiter add-on with landing spacecraft, but it would be restricted to the add-on only.

SS allowed you to choose Flight->Spacecraft... and select spacecraft type from a list. (still does :) )

-----Post Added-----

I would suggest underdogs. its another abandonware site that has it for free

I can't get to underdogs at all. If you can, I would be glad if you would download it for me!

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
I suppose you could write a Orbiter add-on with landing spacecraft, but it would be restricted to the add-on only.

What do you mean by landing spacecraft? Do you mean something like the space shuttle, DG and any other craft with landing gear?

SS allowed you to choose Flight->Spacecraft... and select spacecraft type from a list. (still does :) )

And this is different from hitting F3 and selecting the craft? Or using the scenario editor to spawn the vessel you want?

johnny

Reaction score
I really want the manual could some one please help me find a free download of it?

cjp

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I really want the manual could some one please help me find a free download of it?
I can not give you the manual.
I can not tell you whether I have the manual.
I can not tell you whether it is possible to download the manual somewhere..
There are certain rules on this forum.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com

Give Microsoft a call. As they still own the copyright they may be able to assist.

DFX2K9

Reaction score
I loved space sim....

that little gem got me intresed in space in general... though orbiter owns it as far as quality goes

The all Terrain Lander was fun, like the DG of space sim... though the F-79 was my personal fav :p

(decided to make that my first non spacecraft.dll addon, since it's easy as the dg)

guys, I've got it, it's more of a pain to load it on dos box then boot orbiter, though I did just for nostalgia purouses

PS: it had a nice precedual Autopilot for ALL vessels, better then what orbiter dose, which is just limited to pro, reto, orb normal... this one could program a whole mission from takeoff to landing...

Last edited:

johnny

Reaction score
Can anybody find me a free download of the manual? Please?

Arthur Dent

Absolutely Mental
Donator
Reaction score
Website
wasa.pottyland.de
Why don't you find it yourself? I found it after browsing the web for less than 2 minutes.

Well, I don't want to be one of those mean people on the Internet who just say "Google it!" (and making a thread completely useless in case somebody else googles for the same thing in two years and the top result will be somebody saying "Google it!" ;)). So here is how to find it:

Check Hxxx of the Uxxxxdxxs (This should always be your first choice of looking for old games and their manuals)

Link removed by the author to comply with forum rules

(I used the x.org site. It's a relaunch of the original page that includes the complete dataset. If you want a page that looks like the old one, but doesn't have all the files yet, go to x.net)

Last edited:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Can anybody find me a free download of the manual? Please?

for anybody to do this, anybody needs to use google. so why can't that anybody be you?

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
As cjp mentioned, there are certain rules on this forum. If you haven't read them, you should. In case you skimmed them and clicked Accept/Agree, I'll highlight the relevant portions here.

From the Forum Rules & Guidelines:
What is our policy on warez & piracy?

Orbiter-Forum has a longstanding policy against software piracy. We do NOT allow discussion or even mention of warez, abandonware, illegal peer-to-peer game swapping, illegal download sites, or rip-off websites. Nothing will get you banned faster than pointing people to illegal software distribution sites. Don't ask for serial numbers, manuals, or cracks. Any admission that you have in your possession illegal software can and usually will result in the termination of your forum account.

Usquanigo

Reaction score
Website
uk.groups.yahoo.com
What do you mean by landing spacecraft? Do you mean something like the space shuttle, DG and any other craft with landing gear?

The impression I got was that he was referring more to a shuttle-craft/Enterprise style arrangment, the "mothership" arrives somewhere and a smaller craft leaves to go land. But even there, I know I've seen add-ons that have exactly that concept.

And this is different from hitting F3 and selecting the craft? Or using the scenario editor to spawn the vessel you want?

Yeah, seems he just doesn't know much about Orbiter yet.

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
Interstellar space flight sim would be more about living inside a ship, managing supplies and making course corrections every several thousand years at most.

Don't ask for serial numbers, manuals, or cracks. Any admission that you have in your possession illegal software can and usually will result in the termination of your forum account.

What is the serial number for Orbiter???:lol::lol::rofl:
I have downloaded Mesh Wizard without my own permission. Will it terminate my account???:lol::rofl:

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
Lol. An other orbiter space sim.
:rofl:

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Copyright is not merely a legal construct but an objective moral principle, and in this sense (which is the only proper sense) it is indefinite.

So even after the legal copyright expires, you are still under an absolute and objective and universal moral obligation to refrain from redistributing it without the permission of the owner.

I'm a moral objectivist, but I would hardly say that copyright is in itself a moral principle. It is a legal construct built to satisfy certain moral principles (such as the right to receive payment for ones work, as well as others), but it is merely a legal construct and as defined in the Berne Convention, I think it goes beyond satisfying the principles it is meant to satisfy and violates others. There are also other legal constructs that could satisfy the moral

If we *do* consider copyright itself as a moral principle, then I'd say there are certain principles governing the actions of a copyright holder as well. For example, once one no longer plans to use ones copyright, I think one should at least pass it on to someone else, if not release the work in question to the public domain.

But in any case, it is also a moral principle that bad laws that are merely inconveniences should be obeyed anyways, and the US is a signatory to the Berne convention, and Microsoft has not released Space Simulator to the public domain.

Arthur Dent

Absolutely Mental
Donator
Reaction score
Website
wasa.pottyland.de
As cjp mentioned, there are certain rules on this forum. If you haven't read them, you should. In case you skimmed them and clicked Accept/Agree, I'll highlight the relevant portions here.

From the Forum Rules & Guidelines:

Sorry, I dind't have the the rules in mind. I just used common sense, cause I thought abandonware sites (unlike warez sites) were completely legal. I won't do it again!

*awaits punishment*

cinder1992

Random failhurricane.
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
cinder1992.blogspot.com
the Exoflight thing looks impressive, I'm gonna try it.

...but nothing can replace the 1988 orbiteIMEAN 2006 orbiter

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Sorry, I dind't have the the rules in mind. I just used common sense, cause I thought abandonware sites (unlike warez sites) were completely legal. I won't do it again!

*awaits punishment*

Abandonware is a grey area. It's technically illegal to download it, but it's generally of low value to the person/company that originally sold it, so that they don't actively hunt down violators. Still, depending on the company, they may or may not prosecute anybody they do find out about, and they do have the legal right to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.