OHM Orbiter Base Maker V2.0.3

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
However, when I loaded the base into Orbiter, I double-clicked on orbiter.exe, and it stops working automatically.
Without even starting a scenario? It can't be that configuration files of surface bases or surface tiles are causing that, because they are only being loaded when you start a scenario, and not when you just double-click on orbiter.exe to open the launchpad.

Is there any error message, or just the launchpad not showing up?

Can you make a backup of orbiter.cfg file and either rename it, or delete to be recreated by Orbiter on the next run? If that doesn't help, did you put any new modules into "Modules/Startup" directory?

I recently moved the Orbiter file by error and I think some files could be corrupted.
When I move orbiter.exe to an empty folder and execute it, the Orbiter Launchpad is shown without problems, although there is no any additional content and scenario to be launched.

korolevspace

Reaction score
Re: Orbiter does not even start when bases loaded

Hi guys!

Yeah, Orbiter does not even start when the base files are loaded. Orbiter.exe was just a blank window with "Orbiter.exe has stopped working". Anyone know how to fix it? Also the tiles from levels 5 to 9 are locked for licensing reasons. Anyone know how to "activate" the license?

korolevspace :probe::probe::probe:

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Are you manually adding your own tiles?

Just started trying OBM again, still having the same issue.

I'm adding them through OBM, so I would say manually. I get an error every time when I load/render something with textures saying width and height must be a power of 2 and I am genuinely confused as to what that means.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Powers of 2:
2 to the power of 1 (2^1) = 2 = 2
2 to the power of 2 (2^2) = 2*2 = 4
2 to the power of 3 (2^3) = 2*2*2 = 8
2 to the power of 4 (2^4) = 2*2*2*2 = 16
and so on...

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
I'm aware of what the powers of 2 are lol, the question I have is what am I doing wrong? How do I change them to be in the correct powers? I'm really, really confused. I understand everything but when it comes to rendering tiles and ect to Orbiter from OBM.

csanders

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Make the tile resolution 512x512 (widthxheight). I'm working on a new version where you can right click on a tile inside OBM, and add a tile from an image file (just jpeg right now).

I can't remember for sure, but I think this version has a bug where if the tile isn't 512X512 (say 256X256), it won't work right.

Last edited:

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Just downloaded the new version on OH, everything is working great for me now.

But, however there appears to be a problem with the downloading server, for the first few bases it was working fine - now whenever you try to download an image on Earth it simply states that there are too many maps downloading in a short period of time.

csanders

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Just downloaded the new version on OH, everything is working great for me now.

But, however there appears to be a problem with the downloading server, for the first few bases it was working fine - now whenever you try to download an image on Earth it simply states that there are too many maps downloading in a short period of time.
Yep. The 3rd party map server limits the amount of downloads you can do. You just have to wait.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Very nice work so far. One that is lacking is manual editing of objects POS parameters. I'm in need to to adjust objects vertical position which is the Y parameter of the POS line.

streb2001

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Out of interest, can I ask what is the source for the surface tiles on your latest version?

Nice manual BTW.

Last edited:

paddy2

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Downloaded and started making my first base in Yorkshire, England.
Can roll roll down the runway and land on the bases and it looks good in the surrounding countryside. All inside 2hours after I had worked out the Lat/Lon of where to base it.
Thanks so very much for a great utility and supporting docs.

Trouble is its now wetted my appetite and I want more than just a "basic base"
I used it to open "Wide Awake" Base as there are some great hangers and the like and it seemed to allow editing / moving of its Objects.

Now the real question, how can I import objects into Base Maker 1.1.2
OR
Do I just use it to find what to Cut and Paste from one "base".cfg file to another and then move and align them in Base Maker?

Meanwhile I will be have great fun.......... Thanks again

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Another thing: It seems to be hardcoded to only read/write to default directories such as Earth\Base. It completely ignores that there might be other subdirectories that have bases. For example, SSU uses Earth\SSU to prevent overwriting of any default bases. For the SSU specific bases to be loaded, CONTEXT SSU must be added to the scenario.

paddy2

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Please disregard The "import" bit of post 74. I now know a bit more about meshes and how include them. Now I understand the terminology this makes it a very easy process indeed.

My new spaceport in East Yorkshire is coming on just fine thanks to this fine bit of sotware.
Again Many thanks for this.

csanders

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Please disregard The "import" bit of post 74. I now know a bit more about meshes and how include them. Now I understand the terminology this makes it a very easy process indeed.

My new spaceport in East Yorkshire is coming on just fine thanks to this fine bit of sotware.
Again Many thanks for this.

New version can copy/paste between bases, making it easier.

General note to everyone though: don't publish (i.e. post in the hangar) someone else's mesh in your base without their permission.

---------- Post added at 02:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

Very nice work so far. One that is lacking is manual editing of objects POS parameters. I'm in need to to adjust objects vertical position which is the Y parameter of the POS line.
Another thing: It seems to be hardcoded to only read/write to default directories such as Earth\Base. It completely ignores that there might be other subdirectories that have bases. For example, SSU uses Earth\SSU to prevent overwriting of any default bases. For the SSU specific bases to be loaded, CONTEXT SSU must be added to the scenario.

So demanding! Great input though!

If you right-click on an object in the "Structures Editor" you will be able to manually edit the parameters of an object.

I wasn't even aware of the "CONTEXT" option. But you should be able to import form "Earth\SSU", and create bases in that directory (if that directory exists). Also, if the directory has a CONTEXT or PERIOD, the generated scenario file should satisfy those parameters.

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
If you right-click on an object in the "Structures Editor" you will be able to manually edit the parameters of an object.
Yes, but for blocks and other objects there's no way to edit the position, including the altitude. It's always 0.

n. But you should be able to import form "Earth\SSU", and create bases in that directory (if that directory exists).
Yes, the problem is that OBM only saves to Earth\Base forcing you to cut/paste the base file to the correct directory manually. It would be great if OBM would save the file in the same directory the file originally was imported from.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Version 1.1.3 should fix those issues
I can confirm the saving issue have been resolved satisfactorily. However, there's still no input for vertical offset of objects. Also would it be possible to edit RWSEG strings of runways as well as assigning a different texture?

csanders

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
When you right-click on an object, there is a "manually edit parameter text" option. That should allow you to edit the altitude in the POS variable (it's the middle one).

Also could edit the RWSEG, although that would be harder to do manually.

In future versions, I will try to add the altitude variable to the "edit parameters" window, so one doesn't have to mess with the text. I also want to add a method for editing RWSEG, but I haven't figured out the best method for doing that yet.