OHM Orbiter Base Maker V2.0.3

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
BTW, by converting them to jpg and placing them into OBM's cache folder one can use his own tiles. Quite useful for placing objects:

20120227002920000.jpg

When placement of own meshes is included, could you also make it possible to rotate them randomly?
I plan to put a lot of trees on that island and it would be a lot of work to change the rotation of every object, and having them placed at the same rotation would look strange.
For that it would also be useful if you can place multiple objects of the same type by just double-clicking, not by pressing Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V for every new object.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I suggest clustering objects in 3d editor than placing every tree as separate object.

BTW - this base looks very nice

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
It does look nice and clean. Reminds me of the old Fsim scenery.

For things like trees, rocks, etc, the best approach would be to generate them randomly. Actually, a "landclass" system would be the best approach.
Imagine a tile were a red pixel indicates dense tree coverage, a blue pixel low tree coverage, a yellow one rock, etc, etc. The software then translates that info into random placed objects within the pixel coverage on the terrain...

Again, that is how they do it in Flightsim.

For now I'd stick to things that are more common on bases: lights, towers, fences, etc.

If I might suggest some features:
» Support for bodies other than Earth :)
» Support for date based base objects. If I'm not mistaken this allows the same base to show different objects based on the simulation date. Very useful for sci-fi or historical scenarios!

csanders

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
UPDATE: fixed the rotation bug for "south of equator" tiles. Sure enough, I rotated the image and transparency mask, but I forgot to rotate the lowpass image. Which resulted in a strange ghost image in the tile.

You will have to re-render existing tiles by clicking the "Render Base Files to:" button, unloading the base, and then re-loading the base. Another option would be to go into the "add/remove tile" window and remove a tile, then save and exit. Go back in and add the tile again->save exit. Then just click the "load into orbiter" button.

When placement of own meshes is included, could you also make it possible to rotate them randomly?

The MESH description has a position vector, scale vector, and rotation float, just like the BLOCK and HANGAR objects. So placing, sizing, rotating meshes will act the same way as placing, sizing, rotating BLOCKs and HANGARs right now. Although I might have a "maintain aspect ratio" option on resize, in which case it will behave as a LPAD when resizing.

fort

Reaction score
Nevertheless the ability to use Google / Yahoo / Bing /Openstreetmap to locate and draw objects would be a plus :) No downloading, just online viewing in the draw objects window.

Hello 4throck

You could have some problems in that case, and more if your base is big, with that perennial problem of "cos latitude":

http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=21316&highlight=sasplanet&page=4

Edit:

It's not exactly the same problem but a variant, here :

http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=26592

Last edited:

csanders

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
New update. Version 1.0.7.

Added the ability to add and place Mesh files. You can rotate and position them. Also you can resize them with or without the option of maintaining original aspect ratio.

NOTE: Don't go overboard on resizing though
overboard.jpg

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Fantastic tool!!!! thank you :thumbup:
Too bad that presently we cannot download tiles above LVL4 resolution :(

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Invasion of the Jovians. "Damn, we can hardly call this piece of rock an asteroid !". *crash* "Oh crap, I just stepped over a city !" :lol:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
"Ho ho ho....Green Giant!"

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
I'm getting a failure message that says:

width and height have to be a power of 2

Whenever I render or load objects into orbiter.

This only happens when it comes to surface textures

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
testures must be 256x256, 512x512, 1024x1024 or 2048x2048.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Change the size in the paint program you use.

Pioneer

Reaction score
I wish I kept the older version. It was better in terms of surface tiles. I try to model an airport but I can't because it's all blurry.

Last edited:

Jarod

Reaction score
Is it possible to add patrol paths for ucgo cars & trucks ?
Would be perfect to create traffic.

Matej

Reaction score
Hello Csanders.
Thanks for a great program for creating textures.
I have two requests:
1) You can add a button for switching off the edges? Due to further establish the textures formed.

2) A scroll bar or give Greater surface textures to the Base. For example, from the current 8x6 to about 20x20.

Thanks, Matej.

korolevspace

Reaction score
Orbiter not working when base is loaded

Hello guys!

I've just recently downloaded the base maker into Orbiter 100830. However, when I loaded the base into Orbiter, I double-clicked on orbiter.exe, and it stops working automatically. I've added a lot of surface tiles however. Anyone know how to correct this problem?

Also, how do you add advanced buildings and taxiways into the base, such as the ones on "SRC Space Polygon" by Kulch?

korolevspace :probe::probe::probe:

---------- Post added at 03:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 AM ----------

Continued from post #61

I realize the surface tiles files are too big, so I deleted both the base and the surface tiles. I recently moved the Orbiter file by error and I think some files could be corrupted. Again, does anyone know how to solve this problem? I don't want to install Orbiter again and getting all the addons back on again.

korolevspace