Humor Random Comments Thread

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
The 16th is my one year anniversary on O-F. It has certainly been a great area to observe new scientific and political ideas, and socialize with people who share a large interest in spaceflight. Thanks to all those that make up this great site.:)

jimblah

Reaction score
One more post about Holmes

IMHO, the best screen versions of Sherlock Holmes featured Basil Rathbone. He was Sherlock Holmes for me while I was growing up. Keep in mind though, they are not action flicks like the Robert Downey Jr. movies.

Thanks for pointing me towards Rathbone. It might have been sometime before I did a decent search on Holmes. As far as the action goes, the joy of Holmes for me is finding similarities between myself and the character, and noticing the myriad of differences.
:lol:

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
For even further personal documentation!
picture.php

across three different OS

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
Oitg6.jpg

Just Neil Armstrong making some pizza in March 1969.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yesterday at the kiosk they were giving out free samples of new Daneman products. Not being one to decline a free smoke, I took some. One of them was "mini moods, double filter". As the name suggests it is a thinner, slightly shorter moods with two filters in series at the back end. Which makes the filter half the length of the cigarette.

I felt immediately reminded of fifth element... :shifty:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I felt immediately reminded of fifth element... :shifty:

Well - due to strange kind of UE law newly produced ciggarets here light off themselves after around 30 - 40 seconds of not "inhaling" - pretty annoying IMO

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Induction heaters.
Somehow, I like your idea much better than mojoey's. :)
Speaking of induction heating, and diverting the thread back into random waters.

Tried to make one.
This is fun.
ih_overview.jpg

Just 100 watts for 10 seconds, and a steel blade is glowing red-hot.
ih_glow_vis.jpg

ih_glow_ir.jpg

Imagine that knife in your pocket at a security checkpoint
icon_twisted.gif

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
I've been thinking about the posts a ways back about movies, and I have to retract something I said.
Think about this as a movie: the year is 1946. Sir Richard Attenborough (sp?) plays Charles Darrow, an elderly real estate mogul who owns nearly three-quarters of Atlantic City and has a terminal illness. As luck would have it, he dies in the middle of writing his will, so it is unclear to whom he wants to bequeath his property. His family--all real-estate moguls themselves, and played by Matt Damon, Ashton Kutcher, and Megan Fox--start fighting over the property, and trying to rook each other out of it. Throw in an Oceans Eleven type atmosphere, and put Megan in one of those long, slinky, forties-style dresses.

Isn't is sad that Monopoly would actually make a more viable movie than Battleship did? :lol:

iamwearingpants

Just an Earth-bound misfit, I
Reaction score
9H7bT.png

I'm seriously thinking about ditching Facebook now :dry:

Also, welcome to the herd Lord Wasteland! Gonna warn 'ya though, stay away from the youtube poops while you're still forming impressions.