Humor Random Comments Thread

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Yep, you are really missing out on some "modern" classic literature. The movies were good, but still movies (more films than movies, there's a difference).

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
I'm fine with that, tbh, I've never seen it either...but if you say you dislike The Duke...we gotta problem.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Had to.
laika_boss.jpg

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog...

VT0Nd.gif

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Anyways, I've never watched or read LotR. I don't care.

You should care.

Read it. Then watch it. In that order.

"...at last on a night of rain [he] smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it semed to him that as in his dream..., the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise."

Last edited:

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
Actually, I'd recommend reading."The Hobbit" first.

Speaking of which, I can't wait for it to come out in theaters. :)

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm not looking forward to the hobbit. Trouble is, the hobbit is a childrens book, unlike lord of the rings (well, to be fair, LOTR started out in pretty much the same tone, but then Tolkien took a turn for the darkness somewhere...)

Anyways, it's a different genre. LOTR was pretty much the first work to define the genre that we nowadays call "high fantasy". The Hobbit was a fairytale, through and through, and its whole charm lay in its childishness. I don't expect that to transform well to the big screen when everyone expects a prequel to LOTR to the bone. It might get to be a good movie, but I expect it to feel entirely different than the book. And I liked the book mostly for its feel.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Actually, I read all the Narnia books a few years ago.

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Just landed the XR5 for the first time (after my first trip to the ISS with the spaceplane). I had to have some quick bursts of the main engines when I was near the runway. And I was off-center, but that didn't really matter. Touchdown vertical speed was about -6 m/s. There were no injuries/deaths.

xr5landed.png

Last edited:

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
I'm not looking forward to the hobbit. Trouble is, the hobbit is a childrens book, unlike lord of the rings (well, to be fair, LOTR started out in pretty much the same tone, but then Tolkien took a turn for the darkness somewhere...)

Anyways, it's a different genre. LOTR was pretty much the first work to define the genre that we nowadays call "high fantasy". The Hobbit was a fairytale, through and through, and its whole charm lay in its childishness. I don't expect that to transform well to the big screen when everyone expects a prequel to LOTR to the bone. It might get to be a good movie, but I expect it to feel entirely different than the book. And I liked the book mostly for its feel.

I'm aware.
I'm not expecting that at all. It's just something that should be better than most of what Hollywood pumps out these days.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Ol' Teddy and Abe needed backup...

b2l7B.jpg

Yes, that's a Heckler and Koch MP7, and an F22 in the backround. You're welcome...oh and an RPG on his back.

Delta4

Hybernating colonist
Reaction score
I fell out of my chair again. They need seatbelts... So we can be safe.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Ol' Teddy and Abe needed backup...

Yes, that's a Heckler and Koch MP7, and an F22 in the backround. You're welcome...oh and an RPG on his back.

A communist RPG-7 on his back... the poor guy who drew this will sure not be surprised if Reagan comes to trickle down on him.

A Stinger would have been much more fitting considering what happened during Reagans regency...

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
There's a DARE sticker on the saddle! :lol:
(like this: http://www.acpo.org/images/dare001.gif )
There appears to be some sort of knife and book as well.

Ooh, Halo banshee too. So much easter egg hunting.

Last edited:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
It's either a bible, or a passport...ENHANCE DAMNIT!! :p

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------

The gun has 'Gipper' on it...and good spotting the banshee!

---------- Post added at 05:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

EDIT 2: Definately a bible. There's a Property of the United States stamp on the T-rex's right shoulder. Oooh, and an Indy Jones hat.

---------- Post added at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

Dog tags on the saddle...and a 'Murica belt buckle...

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Gipper? What's Gipper? XD I saw that but couldn't read it. Saw the hat and stamp too.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Sure this is a Banshee? It more looks like a barrage balloon to me.

772px-Barrage_balloon_fsac_1a35100.jpg