Humor Random Comments Thread

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Illinois tornadoes last week: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/...t-tornadoes-illinois-indiana-missouri-storms/

midwest-storms-tornado-alley_73569_990x742.jpg

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
The kid and I both have hats like that. :lol:
Wife gives us both an eye-roll.

What are wives and mothers for if not to disapprove of our wardrobe choices? :p

VeMqZoh.jpg

Who says the Cav is dead?

Last edited:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Was watching some of the lead-up stuff to the Doctor Who 50th anniversary show tomorrow, when I rudely interrupted by the need to go to work (darned paying jobs).

Was pretty happy to see that Matt Smith is not the number Doctor that everyone thought he was.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I got a score of 16:06 in my first attempt at today's Google Doodle. 9:22 the second time.

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Once upon a time, girls dreamed about ponies, unicorns, bunnies, rainbows and being princesses.

Those days are gone.:cool:

rw4s.jpg

Now, girls dream about learning archery, killing off all their rivals, win the Hunger Games and lead a rebellion.

And this is good.:thumbup:

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Meh, the French government wants little boys to dream about ponies and little girls to dream of supercars and superpowers ...

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
n122vu wears hats and doesn't afraid of anything?

It's a firefly reference, which it was from the get go, as he is wearing a hat similar to that in question in the Avatar, chimed in on a talk between william Shattner and Addam Baldwin (starring as Jamie in Firefly), and shattner remarks on the similarites of the hat that Jamie wears in one episode of the show, to which Wash made the following remark:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tne50bE-ips"]That hat, he's not afraid of anything. - YouTube[/ame]

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
So my body has officially figured out it's flu season, had a 101F fever yesterday evening with vomiting. Fun stuff!

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
So my body has officially figured out it's flu season, had a 101F fever yesterday evening with vomiting. Fun stuff!

Ouch. Just be glad it isn't H7N9, eh?

According to the World Health Organization, symptoms include fever, cough, and shortness of breath, which may progress to severe pneumonia. The virus can also overload the immune system, causing what is known as a cytokine storm. Blood poisoning and organ failure are also possible. In an article in the The New England Journal of Medicine, doctors reported that most of the patients with confirmed cases of H7N9 virus infection were critically ill and that approximately 20% had died of acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) or multiorgan failure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influenza_A_virus_subtype_H7N9#Symptoms_and_treatment

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
It's a firefly reference, which it was from the get go, as he is wearing a hat similar to that in question in the Avatar, chimed in on a talk between william Shattner and Addam Baldwin (starring as Jamie in Firefly), and shattner remarks on the similarites of the hat that Jamie wears in one episode of the show, to which Wash made the following remark:

That hat, he's not afraid of anything. - YouTube

Right, have to one up that...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFj8eFZx-TA"]Firefly References on Castle - YouTube[/ame]