Humor Random Comments Thread

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
After far too long away from one of my old favourites, I picked up Age of Empires II and had a few matches.

After a trial run, I gave a shot playing as the Teutons and using only their special knight unit. After an initial alliance and the stabilisation of our borders across the map, a Celtic AI turned traitor, attacking the trade caravans. I slaughtered them.

aoe_1.jpg

Some time after that, my other Briton allies decided to go all touchy and neutral on me. Having already built up too much momentum, rather than bothering to parley with their king I just let the war machine steamroll over them too (the knights were already attacking without command, and it would be a pain to get them to stop.)

Eventually, after some disturbing encounters with hundreds of Hun cavalry units, a stalemate came and went, and the battle turned once again in my favour. The Huns were crippled and scattered, and all that remained was a Frankish team already worn down by being on my other front. My two armies finally met after circumnavigating the map in opposite directions for one last push against the remaining enemy forces.

The final moments of the game:
aoe_2.jpg

WOLOLO

aoe_3.jpg

The postwar analysis reveals that the treacherous Celts must have backstabbed my other allies very early in the game. The red swath is, of course, solid waves of nothing but Teutonic Knights.

Oh AoE, I have missed you. :D

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
get-smart-shoe-phone.jpg

Unlimited Data you say? I do feel like the Phone company is stepping all over me with these new fees and all...

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Oh AoE, I have missed you. :D

I played AoE3 and didn't like it. Empire Earth II however is one of my favorite games ever. From those pics, I guess AoE2 is similar to EE2. AoE3 was all linear story and no free play.

---------- Post added at 03:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

Tapatalk, the app I use for viewing O-F on my phone, has not only made the app I paid for now free, having subsequently made a new paid version available so you basically have to pay twice if you've already had the app, but now I also get ads while viewing O-F with the now-free version. I PAID for the app; I'm not paying twice to keep ads off and I'm reluctant to even use the app now and provide them with ad revenue.
Bah humbug.

(And the new paid version is said to be very low quality)

Last edited:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Tapatalk, the app I use for viewing O-F on my phone, has not only made the app I paid for now free, having subsequently made a new paid version available so you basically have to pay twice if you've already had the app, but now I also get ads while viewing O-F with the now-free version.
Is there any reason people choose Tapatalk over a regular web browser? I've never used it, but instead simply Opera Mini (Java / S40), Opera Mobile (Symbian & Android), and Firefox (Android) in desktop mode. :shrug:

MattBaker

Reaction score
So...do we celebrate the birth of the Messiah today or the birth of Lemmy?
Or is that actually the same?

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Is there any reason people choose Tapatalk over a regular web browser? I've never used it, but instead simply Opera Mini (Java / S40), Opera Mobile (Symbian & Android), and Firefox (Android) in desktop mode. :shrug:
Every time I go onto a forum on my smartphone and see this pop up: "Stay in touch with us on the go with the free Tapatalk app - a community reader built for forum enthusiast," I think, "no, I don't want your stupid, redundant app." Also, the lack of an s after "enthusiast" kind of bugs me.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Managed to pull enough funds out to buy an Orion XT8 telescope.

I cried nearly when I saw the Orion nebula. I've simply never seen anything like it.

I hope you guys have had as good as a Christmas as I've had.

MattBaker

Reaction score
Do we have an interesting picture thread? Just found this one:
4002050596_0c2b6c4dd2_o.jpg

Might not be accurate, URL says it's from 2009.

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
it is a bit old: it shows Voyager 1 still in the heliosphere, and New Horizon just past Saturn. Also, with the successful Chinese mission there are now 74/75 moon missions (75 if LRO/LCROSS not shown in the pic)

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Also, why the short regeneration? :(

In-Universe-Timey-Wimey-Explanation: the Doctor had already regenerated, he said it was the "reset". The actual change happened shortly afterwards. Besides he has been given a whole new regeneration cycle so it's not your run-of-the-mill thing.

Out-of-Universe-Explanation: it looks cool and is totally unexpected. Just like nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.