Humor Random Comments Thread

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Yup. The CF-34 on the "older" CRJs spools up pretty quick, and they shut down promptly to save fuel. As a matter of fact, they often taxi on ONLY the #2 engine, starting the #1 in the way to the runway.

Now, my question to you is, did the pilot use a long rollout, or stomp on the brakes upon wheels down? I've seen CRJs flown both ways.

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Now, my question to you is, did the pilot use a long rollout, or stomp on the brakes upon wheels down? I've seen CRJs flown both ways.

That usually depends on the ground controller, and on how busy the airport is. A long rollout is easier on the hardware, but it takes more time to vacate the runway.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
More a case of "wait a second, I'll get my rifle from my Wall of Weapons".

Which happens to be hidden in the wardrobe.:lol:

Our's happens to be a 6ft tall gun safe in the living room.

Yay, small house :D

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
UVm56do.png

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Why? It is exactly opposite to driving a car...........

It would be similar to a car that turns left when you push the gas, right when you push the brakes, accelerates when you steer left and brakes when you steer right... :shifty

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
It would be similar to a car that turns left when you push the gas, right when you push the brakes, accelerates when you steer left and brakes when you steer right... :shifty:

Soldiers are smart, they will figure it out... :shifty:

MattBaker

Reaction score
It would be similar to a car that turns left when you push the gas, right when you push the brakes, accelerates when you steer left and brakes when you steer right...

Actually if you always drive like that it should be quite easy.

And for the record I wonder why no one demanded paddles like in the Formula One for gear changing. It seems much easier and safer than having only one hand on your steering wheel while shifting gears. Too complicated for a normal car?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
And for the record I wonder why no one demanded paddles like in the Formula One for gear changing. It seems much easier and safer than having only one hand on your steering wheel while shifting gears. Too complicated for a normal car?

You can order it as extra.

But the standard is simpler and cheaper, since you don't need to use servos. The standard is mechanically directly connected to the gear box.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I've tried parallel parking with one of those. I gave up and drove down the street to a regular parking lot. I cussed the entire time wondering who'd gotten the bright idea of a paddle mounted gearbox lever.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Heh.

1497763_716442628388643_1515151612_n.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Heheh.

993502_633468470048236_1543167206_n.jpg