Humor Random Comments Thread

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I got Glasses today. Strange that I was allowed to fly spaceships before that, with my bad eyes :lol:.

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
I got Glasses today. Strange that I was allowed to fly spaceships before that, with my bad eyes :lol:.

I feel you. My eyes are going bad right now. I'm 22 and was hoping that I wouldn't need them (genetics were against me though). But my night eyes are now terrible, I'll probably need them in 6 months or less. Oh well, sure is fun to watch dreams dry up and die. Oh well. :(

(Oh, and also, drunk post.)

pattersoncr

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I would recommend getting only one eye done at a time. That way even if they f it up you'll still have one good eye.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
Lasik is pretty easy to **** up and it happens quite often. Traditional surgery might yeal equal results at lower riscs. You should consult a local university hospital and not the guy with a sign "Lasik here! Will also shine your shoes for food"

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
you have too many LASIK centers today, there are only few which have the qualified surgeons to use the equipment correctly and the spine to reject patients which have possible complications because of other eye problems.

Like any surgery, on which your life does not depend, choose carefully and don't look for the price tag alone. Especially pay attention to the hygiene levels - most LASIK problems come from infections afterwards.

joeybigO

can't get in a word edgewise
Donator
Reaction score
Someone at work told me about Lasik and the bad effects. Now i'm thinking twice about it.
What about disposable contacts?

Eagle

Reaction score
Someone at work told me about Lasik and the bad effects. Now i'm thinking twice about it.
What about disposable contacts?

My mom had Lasik. She's pretty happy with it, but now she uses glasses for reading instead of distance now.

In a year or so I'll have photorefractive radial keratectomy available to me. I'm going to avoid surgery for a while though. First to let my vision stabilize, and second because I dislike medicine and surgery in general.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
I've heard that Lasik tends to correct near/farsightedness, but tends to make astigmatism worse.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I had lasik done about four years ago and it was well worth the money. I spent more than most people, because I didn't look for a "bargain" when it came to shooting lasers into my eye and slicing my cornea. I asked my eye doctor who was the best surgeon in the area, and then I researched the guy to see who he was and what his experience level was, I went and met him for a screening and watched him perform the procedure. He is one of the best in the business. The first time I woke up and was able to see across the room was a great feeling.

But do your research first, and don't skrimp.

Missioncmdr

Reaction score
I was just on a Moon-hoax debunking website. I started off by reading their introduction which basically said:

Even though we are 100% sure that NASA did not fake the Moon landings, we do believe that NASA is covering up the fact that there is an eye on the face on Mars.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
What I built today:
LAPS-1.jpg

The dog house was getting a little cramped :lol:

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
Cool house... Even cooler is the undefined white space you built it on :p

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
New house? That should improve the taxes a bit.
Cubby house for the kids actually ;)

Cool house... Even cooler is the undefined white space you built it on :p
:lol: I grabbed that image from the website of the company I bought the kit from. I haven't got it installed & painted yet (next weekend's job) but I'll take a pic of it when that's done. You really don't want to see a picture of the inside of my garage ;)

MajorTom

Ker-splash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
This fall I'll find a way to show a new kind of status: Has a cold.

2008 has been my worst year by a long shot. I lost count at 25 times. Probably due to my family: 3-year old boy in preschool for his first winter, and wife works at a Hospital for children. The boy is constantly drippy and wife picks up most everything going around.

The status button might as well colored a sickly greenish-yellow. When you see it, you'll know that my posts are extra grouchy for a reason ;)

Oh, and BTW,

Has a cold

Eagle

Reaction score
Ed-Morana1.jpg

http://spaceweather.com/

ISS on Tycho. Just awesome. The photographer has some pictures of previous lunar transits at earlier stages of ISS construction.

EDIT: I'm pretty certain that ISS is silhouetted in the foreground, because Tycho is huge, much bigger than ISS.

Last edited: