Humor Random Comments Thread

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hm. There is a mild euphoria associated with working on and making progress in something you're interested in. After mucking about with Photoshop for about a month now and being utterly bored, I'm now in a project that is centred around drawing detailed maps of selfmade terrain. It's thrilling. Now if only more school projects were like this.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Many have lambasted Obi-Wan's "Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise" line because of the poor quality of Stormtroopers' fire.

But Imperial Stormtroopers *are* precise...

...from a certain point of view.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Good: Starting the German national selection for the ESC with last years winning artist.
Bad: Letting this follow with the last German winning song, "Satellite", which is extremely anticlimatic after "Euphoria".

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Much much better: Knowing and still have fun. :cheers:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
What was the history of your favorite fonts?

Tahoma -> Century Gothic -> Comic Sans -> Futura LT -> SF Electrotome -> Futura LT -> Segoe UI

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It takes a meteorite to shake me back from work into Orbiter mode :(

goaowonk

mnlaflojalee
Reaction score
comicsans2.png

COMIC SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANS!!!

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H-II said:
In 1994, NASDA succeeded in launching the first H-II rocket, and succeeded in five launches by 1997. However, each launch cost 19 billion yen (190 million USD), too expensive compared to international competitors like Ariane. (This is in part due to the changes in exchange rates, which was 240 yen to a dollar when the project planning started in 1982, but had changed to 100 yen a dollar by 1994.) Development of the next-generation H-IIA rockets started in order to minimize launch costs.

So the H-II was replaced due to cost and reliability issues. I can understand the reliability issues, but why couldn't the launch costs change to compensate for "the changes in exchange rates"? Economics... how does it work?

Also, I heard that it was expensive because of its complexity. What makes a launch vehicle costly and complex?

Last edited:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Considering that it takes an effort to even notice a font, i don't get what's the big deal is.

Yeah, well, you're kind of blessed that way. Probably another one of your underestimated superpowers :lol:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
You serious?
Sure.
At least on the forums i can always look at the sources, see "<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="9">-1</font></font>" and know that this is written in a font called Comic Sans.

But if it's a picture, then the only way to notice that a font is used is to be aware of it in advance,or look closely inside the letters.

---------- Post added at 12:27 ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 ----------

Yeah, well, you're kind of blessed that way. Probably another one of your underestimated superpowers :lol:
Design blindness and font insensitivity?
I guess it helps stay focused on the ideas rather than the appearances.