Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Most metal syslog entry ever:

Code:
Out of memory: Kill process 2350 (nginx) score 729 or sacrifice child
I like how it suggests that the system will magically have more memory if you sacrifice a child... :rofl:

Might make a nice discipline for software developers. Sneak in heavy metal lyrics into log messages. :lol:

17.11.2017 11:37 TRACE - Exit: We said we would return and here we are again.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
It doesn't know the difference between a crow and a goose!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
It doesn't know the difference between a crow and a goose!

So, even the essential question of wether it can tell apart a European swallow from an African swallow is not guaranteed? :blink:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
If it can measure the velocity, it should be ok.

N.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
If it can measure the velocity, it should be ok.

N.

But what if it does not anticipate its unladen velocity correctly? Can it acquire a radar lock then?

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
The article doesn't specify the tracking system, if its visual then its easy, the European Swallow is a freighter version, the African passenger. So if it has a standard ISO container on its back its a European Swallow:

For clarification:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_DH_108

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Blade Runner 2049 has gotten me obsessed with the Blade Runner franchise lately.

I finally got around to reading the Philip K. Dick novel that started it all, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. I am usually a huge fan of anything Dick wrote, but I have to say I'm very glad the movie strayed from the novel's storyline and characterization.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Doesn't ring a bell. Mostly I read his short stories.

It's probably the weirdest thing I've ever read. Like, I have no idea what that book is supposed to be about.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Well...the crow gets off the ground. I'd say that's a big enough difference.

A wild mojoey appears!

Boy, you don't see many of them around these parts lately...

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It's probably the weirdest thing I've ever read. Like, I have no idea what that book is supposed to be about.

Well. Dick was known for doing a lot of drugs, so that's not surprising, I'll have to check it out.

Most of his stories deal with people being unsure of what reality is, or what their identity is. The whole Blade Runner thing deals with Replicants being so close to being natural humans that one can't tell the difference.

One of his stories deals with a guy who accidentally discovers he is an android one day while getting ready for work, he finds an access panel on his chest and inside his chest there is a tape drive running. He figures out he can alter the universe as he knows it by editing and splicing the tape.

The story Total Recall is based on deals with the fact that the main character can't tell if his memories are real or not. (So, again, does Blade Runner; both Racheal and K have crises regarding memories that may or may not be real).

The odd thing about Blade Runner is that it is more like a Dick story than Dick's actual story. In that case, Ridley Scott beat him at his own game. The novel's Deckard is never uncertain that he is an actual human, and the book's androids never really get human enough to become totally sympathetic characters the way that Racheal does.

Last edited:

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Most metal syslog entry ever:

Code:
Out of memory: Kill process 2350 (nginx) score 729 or sacrifice child

I like how it suggests that the system will magically have more memory if you sacrifice a child... :rofl:

Unix people have been making jokes for *decades* about the type of strange looks / calls to the police you might get if you discuss things like killing zombie children in the presence of people who don't know what those words mean in the context of managing a Unix system.

Of course, these days, people might just think that you're enthusiastically discussing a Walking Dead episode. I'm not sure what that says for our culture...