An Orbitnaut's Christmas

Chub777

Reaction score
Not sure where to post this, so I'll just do it here.
----------

"And from the crew of Apollo 8, we close with good night, good luck, and a Merry Christmas. And God bless all of you, all of you on the good Earth."
-Apollo 8 crew

Seeing that it's Christmas time, what would an Orbinaut like you want for Christmas...BUT, there's a catch. It has to be Orbiter related (eg: "I would like an XR0" or "I would like to do able to complete a slingshot").

To start off, I would like to get better at interplanetary voyages.:)

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
I would like my 'enthusiasm attention span' to be unlimited so I can work on an Orbiter project without eventually getting bored. ;)

It's kinda Orbiter related, no?

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
Terrian mapping w/ collisions.

Rtyh-12

Reaction score
A ship with unlimited dV to go anywhere in the solar system, in reality of course and with a pony paint job :p

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
an XR6!
I'll maybe try to make a XR-6-concept in solidworks - but I'm no enough of a good Add-On-Developer to really create it...

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
an XR6!
I'll maybe try to make a XR-6-concept in solidworks - but I'm no enough of a good Add-On-Developer to really create it...

I'd leave that to Altea Aerospace if I were you. :b

Besides, what's wrong with the XR5?

Spacethingy

Multitasker
Reaction score
Website
spacethingy.weebly.com
EDIT: Random Minecraft comment woz 'ere: I'm lost. Sorry.

I'll maybe try to make a XR-6-concept...
Please make it like the ultimate SSTO!
main-thunderbird-3.jpg

Last edited:

Ark

Reaction score
A proper combat system. Like an MFD similar to IMFD that looks at your trajectory vs the target's trajectory and spits out a plot for a missile with a fixed delta-v to follow and intercept.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I would like the Orbiter API to be extended, so programmers can include more features for their vessels and make the existing ones more realistic.

Chub777

Reaction score
I would like my 'enthusiasm attention span' to be unlimited so I can work on an Orbiter project without eventually getting bored. ;)

It's kinda Orbiter related, no?

Yes, that counts.

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
1) A time warp for RL so you can do a 10 hour Orbiter session in like 10 secs RL :).

2) A pseudo target on an arbitrary docking rectangle on the Docking MFD / HUD. E.g. RSL (Rectangle Select) of 1-20 or 0 for off. Selecting a rectangle gives you a docking HUD waypoint of the center of that rectangle, with L-R / Up-Dn / Fwd-Bck / Roll / Pitch / Yaw deltas as a set of 6 numbers on the right side. Option to AUT (auto-pilot to that waypoint and orientation and hold it).

3) A set of reentry rectangles for landing at an arbitrary airport, with a dynamically added HAC if you have too much energy.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
I would like to have improved physics, such as collision between spacecraft, improved atmospheric interaction, etc.