Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Not sure where yours is located, but there are plenty of good hills/mountains near my place in the Southwestern Extreme Hills region to go around. I'm currently working on rail access via the Nether from the main hub. This will cut travel time to the area significantly (currently if I travel by boat from the commune harbor, takes nearly a full MC day). You're welcome to come have a look.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I'm currently working on rail access via the Nether from the main hub. This will cut travel time to the area significantly (currently if I travel by boat from the commune harbor, takes nearly a full MC day). You're welcome to come have a look.
It's quite close already. You just get a train to Orb's Lighthouse on the Brown Line and then walk into a tunnel in the Commune direction and turn right into a hole in the wall. You can then place a cart on the right track on the line which is above, get inside it, and press forward to move it slowly to the next booster, and press appropriate button on the junction. :p

BTW, were there any firework shows on the server to welcome the New Year? :p

Hurricane

Grinfeld Aerospace guy
Reaction score
Not sure where yours is located, but there are plenty of good hills/mountains near my place in the Southwestern Extreme Hills region to go around. I'm currently working on rail access via the Nether from the main hub. This will cut travel time to the area significantly (currently if I travel by boat from the commune harbor, takes nearly a full MC day). You're welcome to come have a look.

Thanks for the kind offer, but I think that I'll just build my house in my current place :)

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Hmmm. Looks like I'm gonna need a quarry. Any cobblestone generator on the server?

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Hmmm. Looks like I'm gonna need a quarry. Any cobblestone generator on the server?

Many. Piston based are for example: in the City, under Sky City, in Bio-Dome, Sudra, in Gold Farm's mirror base, and probably many more.

Hurricane

Grinfeld Aerospace guy
Reaction score
Many. Piston based are for example: in the City, under Sky City, in Bio-Dome, Sudra, in Gold Farm's mirror base, and probably many more.

They're all too far away, and I've already started my vertical shaft down to bedrock level. I need iron to make buckets soon because my 43 loaves of bread won't last me long...

EDIT: I've encountered a mineshaft on my way down, at around y=30 (I think, didn't really check it). So here starts both my pleasure and my nightmare: I hate caving but I have to find minerals! :p

Last edited:

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think we have both a gold and iron farm now...

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Oh, finally, interested in getting a verdict on a land claim I'd like for some construction. Is anyone using that desert area east of Sudra and north of that east-west flowing river? I'm talking about the desert segment just to the north of that funky village thing that's not marked on the server dynmap.

Hurricane

Grinfeld Aerospace guy
Reaction score
Oh, finally, interested in getting a verdict on a land claim I'd like for some construction. Is anyone using that desert area east of Sudra and north of that east-west flowing river? I'm talking about the desert segment just to the north of that funky village thing that's not marked on the server dynmap.

EDIT: Nevermind, issue resolved :)

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
So I found this awesome place:
MYRjJ.jpg

Looking at another angle, right from the edge of my mountain:
gX8aD.jpg
If it matters to you, that probably wasn't "naturally generated" terrain--it looks like a chunk boundary, where the tall hills were generated in one version of minecraft and the grassland was generated in another.

As for the village, I don't speak for everyone, but I think it would be more interesting to "restore" or rebuild the village, rather than destroy it.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm looking to make some "smoke" for some chimneys in a project I'm working on. A neat way to do that, I've found in Creative, is to use cobwebs as they look the right color and have that wispy look to them. Sadly, in SMP, they're rather hard to come by.

I was wondering if anyone had a shears with silk touch or some actual cobwebs laying around that I could use? If the former, could I borrow it for the day? Promise to return it in good condition. :)

Hurricane

Grinfeld Aerospace guy
Reaction score
If it matters to you, that probably wasn't "naturally generated" terrain--it looks like a chunk boundary, where the tall hills were generated in one version of minecraft and the grassland was generated in another.

As for the village, I don't speak for everyone, but I think it would be more interesting to "restore" or rebuild the village, rather than destroy it.

It doesn't matter so long that it's there - because it's so awesome! :D
Hmm, looks like a pretty damaged village, but I haven't gotten a look around it. If I decide to repair it, I will do so without notice. But if I will destroy it - it won't be without everyone's consent :)

Gerdih

Reaction score
I claimed that village when I started to bring villagers to the IF. Of course I dont care what you do with that now. I have to add that there is a little villager farm east from that village so the repopulating of the village would be easy.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I have to add that there is a little villager farm east from that village so the repopulating of the village would be easy.
I still remember how it was hard to move those 2 villagers to the farm. :p

By the way, I'm searching for a place (in the more populated area) where I could open a technical bookshop, selling DIY books (having various enchantments applied). :p

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
well, i'm planning for a leeuwenhoek extension, or even on the first floors of leeuwenhoek is open for you to do such a business, and negotiations regarding fees and such should not be taken here in this thread ;)

Hurricane

Grinfeld Aerospace guy
Reaction score
I claimed that village when I started to bring villagers to the IF. Of course I dont care what you do with that now. I have to add that there is a little villager farm east from that village so the repopulating of the village would be easy.

I have decided to try and restore it once the main section of my house is finished, but I'm having lags again :(

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Any issues with me putting a station in the main Nether hub just under the portal for the Winter Island line? Would have the entryway for the station on the right wall of the screenshots below, then drop down to about Y=73 for the rail lines.

picture.php

picture.php

Gerdih

Reaction score
6th spawning cell at IF done, villagers are in and started breeding.

P.S. fully operative now

Last edited:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I can hardly wait to see how you guys implement the 1.5 features for all the farms that have been going on.